What Thaivisa Has Given You

Florin

I would like to thank, George and all the Thia Visa members who have helped me make the transistion from the Rat Race to Paridise. Thanks to you all I have found my way through the hassels of Immigration, Drivers test, airport adventures, baht buses and Go_Go girls and I am now living in Paridise on my retirement visa with a beautiful woman and have some of the best friends I can imagine. :o

A relatively innocuous release through which to channel this overwhelming rage which, if it was kept pent up, would explode in a US postal worker-type news incident.

given that your workplace is full of lawyers, no great loss...

I haven't gotten a da*ned thing from Thaivisa, but that's Ok because I've haven't contributed a d----d thing either!

No, just kidding. It's a good source of information on a variety of topics. It's a good sounding board and it's good to hear the thinking or thought process of some of a lot of the posters.

From a psycho-social point of view it helps keep me centered. When I find myself quite upset about something, I can check here and find out that ...hey, I am not alone, or yes, I've stepped a little over the edge on this one--no else seems to think it's a big deal.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Sad to say ..it is a part of my life.

How sad is that?

I have never ever asked a question to which I have not received a reply

95% of my freinds are TV Members who I would never have met if not for this forum.

Coming to a stange place (CM) without any freinds can be a bit daunting...I found many people who welcomed me (and a few that old me to piss of back to Bangkok) LOL.

I even got assistance from the Moderators to promote a BBQ at my restaurant last year !! Cool !

There are too many pluses and not enough minuses. Sure sometimes I can get a little hot under the collar about things...but most of us do anyway, its not just me!

It is without doubt the best forum around.

I met someone very special, a bloke I am seeing now through ThaiVisa. It's too early to say what's going on between him and me, but I love the game we're playing. It's funny, sticky, hot, filled with loads of good times, great company, shared laughter and some keyboard time as well. I'm lurv'n the balance.

I made good friends and good enemies in this forum. This forum is filled with loads of nice people, that truly cares about you as a person. Imagine how nice it feels when you get a surprise pm one slow day from a tv member. It's a great feeling.

This forum is very helpful information-wise.

Thaivisa...saved me! Yeap....was going through a hard time after recuperating from colonic cancer and could not afford to spend too much on adverts.....however after a few postings here...I have just started up a new company...got friends clients and investors from here and also working on a few projects.

Bless you George, Huski, Dr Patpong, CDNVIC and all the rest of the moderators.

(PS: I will be a paying advertiser soon.)

The only bad thing about TV was that in the begginning, I met a few trolls here who just wasted my time...one a so called "big time broker for venture capital cum health services marketeer "based in Rajthwithi area and the other a real troll...a seventy year old troll with a walking stick and a 21 year thai gf who stays in Sukhumvit thirty something, who lead me on a wild goose chase. Besides these two bad experiences,the others were online...a few jealous trolls and a few people with no heart...anyway to them.....bad karma is coming your way for being as such.

But all in all TV is a cool place and most of the people here are nice.

Thai Visa is a good source of amusement for me and often reminds me of how truly stupid some people are. It is also a GREAT source of information and a good place to make new friends.

a loyal stalker

Oops, was I supposed to be loyal ? :o

(or have I been jilted yet again ?) :D

It's made me feel part of 'A Community'. Without it I would feel lonely in a rather unwelcoming land.

Yeah, I sometimes get that feeling as well (being a part of a community). It helps when you can actually meet some of the other members.

In addition to keeping me in touch with what's happening while I'm away, TV has been an excellent source of information on just about every topic one can think (that has to do with Thailand at least).

This forum has many times helped me know that I am not the only "crazy" farang out here thinking whatever I am thinking.

I didn't know about it the first year or two I was here, and probably could have used it a lot during that time.

No matter what I post and the fact that I mostly get negative responses, I still read many threads that I do not feel the need to post responses to, but yet agree with many of the posters, so feel less alone here.

I hope someday I will make some friends here.

Well I signed up for TV last year when I was still in France. I'm damned if I can remember how I found it but I did.

I had already spent a lot of time in Thailand and was figuring on coming back so I was looking for info on visas etc etc.

For this it was very helpful.

Not being able to keep my mouth shut I started posting and found myself conversing with / joking with / flaming / apologising to people from Bangkok to Brisbane to Biarritz.

I would give a special plaudit to the internet/computer/geek forum. I always make the mistake of putting a "despite the Chang I remember" or "this has me so fusterated I'll have to open a bottle of Chang" line in my post. This gets me a lot of "sober up and ask the question again" replies but let me tell you EVERY time somebody has come back with either the answer to the problem or a suggestion / clue which enabled me to solve the problem. Chapeau guys'n'gals.

:o

How on earth did you manage to make enemies after 44 posts? It took me ten times that many. Well done girl.

And I still don't have any..... :D:D:D:o

Well, you're just not trying hard enough, are you? :D

Huh. I was dubbed a troll in my first post. And look how I've cleaned up since then.

A shedload of beer and some GRRREEAAAT BBQ ribs at the Pattaya pissup in March.

Kept me up to speed with the changes in visa regs.

Some different perspectives on living in Thailand even though I have lived there previously.

Some good laughs.

There's more but I have to do some work. :o:D

What Thaivisa Has Given You

Some free shots at the Bangkok pissup also.

Many good friends. A couple who even came to my wedding. Others that i catch up with when in CM. Many that came to see me for afew beers before i left LOS last year. Also many laughs.