What Thaivisa Has Given You

Florin

Just curious, how has your life improved by accessing this forum?

Thinking about it today, I realized that Thaivisa has given me:

-several new friends

-both my previous job and my current one

-my current apartment

-several new (and GREAT!) places to eat/drink/hang out

-invaluable travel advice

So yeah...pretty happy about this highly useful and often entertaining forum :o

It has made me an even bigger slacker and time waster than I was before.

Seriously, met some nice people in person who offered to go out of their way to assist me and some others on the board - renewed my faith in people.

Very useful as well. Sometimes very entertaining. Other times boring.

It's given me the chance to demonstrate my natural charm to a wide audience. :o

It has given me quotes like this, which make me laugh..................................................... A lot

Mark

Without TV I doubt if I would have got a settlement visa without paying out hundreds of pounds for a visa agency. Some good advice and a realisation that just because I am a farang it doesn't mean I should automatically like every other farang or lower my standards when choosing friends in Thailand.

Also it has given me an opportunity to give something back by offering advice to others who are going through the visa application process.

All in all pretty good for nothing!!

The only valuable forum is the visa forum, The moderators on that forum are very helpful and knowledgeable, which I think everybody very appreciates. Most of the other forums are a tit for tat, occasionally entertaining and often a waste of time ,

but a good chance to know other expats living in Thailand(and some who don't) . It is also a bit addicting , and I am not sure if that is in the pro or cons corner.

The only valuable forum is the visa forum, The moderators on that forum are very helpful and knowledgeable, which I think everybody very appreciates. Most of the other forums are a tit for tat, occasionally entertaining and often a waste of time ,

but a good chance to know other expats living in Thailand(and some who don't) . It is also a bit addicting , and I am not sure if that is in the pro or cons corner.

I disagree. Whilst the visa sub forum is a great help to many, its not the only sub-forum on TV that helps people out. Depending on one's personal interests & issues there are many.

I have gained lots of knowledge from the business, banking, thai language, news clippings etc sub forums. For example I needed to find a reasonable suit shop in pattaya. I posted my request in Patraya sub-forum & the information received saved me heaps of running around & head scratching. Still there are other sub-forums that are good entertainment.

Cheers,

Soundman.

tv has given me some sound advice ,some humour, and a way to spend a couple of hours in peace with a cup of coffee ,thanks tv :o

I disagree. Whilst the visa sub forum is a great help to many, its not the only sub-forum on TV that helps people out. Depending on one's personal interests & issues there are many.

I have gained lots of knowledge from the business, banking, thai language, news clippings etc sub forums. For example I needed to find a reasonable suit shop in pattaya. I posted my request in Patraya sub-forum & the information received saved me heaps of running around & head scratching. Still there are other sub-forums that are good entertainment.

Cheers,

Soundman.

Actually I agree with you, I do remember some very valuable advise a poster gave me regarding the travel forum.

It is indeed depending on one's personal interests,thanks for pointing me out . I did not think well enough about it. :o

1. The certainty that human evolution is not as far advanced as I had thought

2. The certainty that 90% of all individuals who cannot write the word 'definitely' have moved to Thailand

Edited by sutnyod

I've learned how to close the "Internet Window" and switch to a Finance Spreadsheet in lightening speed, when someone comes in the office. When i first joined ThaiVisa i was always getting caught out :o

Apart from that, i've met some great members :D

TV is great, funny and interesting comments, lots of good advise, but the thing that have impressed me most, has been the information that you could not get in other ways during the coup and in the following period, many peoples take on the events and the complicated issues in almost real time.

Kind regards :D

PS. And the poster that answered "Piles :o " to the question in this thread :D:D:D I really must get a thicker cushion for my chair.

Edited by larvidchr

Well, I got the real poop and not the candy coated paradise poop alot of people were shoveling out to me. So when I came here I had less expectations and a better understanding of what I would find here. They (Sunbelt) helped me get my visa... I met my wife and as of a 10 days ago brought my baby girl into the world. .. So in general... they helped me get a life.. cause what I had before should not be classified as living.

The most important things ThaiVisa has given me are:

1--Updates on what is happening in the Thailand real estate market and the current visa and political situations

2--Tips on some really good computer software programs available

3--Valuable information from knowledgeable members on a variety of interesting and not so interesting subjects

4--Totally useless information from mentally challenged members that have either escaped from the funny farm or just have too much free time on their hands

5--Great entertainment and lots of laughs :o

Nice thread, Florin!

A lot of guff here, but as I still love Thailand, I like to read various posts. Met some wonderful online friends who I hope to meet in the flesh one day. Love the pet and plant forum, and the helpful folks there.

Mr BJ, glad you learned how to switch progs really fast.

The forum holds the gamut of personalities and wits, which counts for good entertainment when written battles rage.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter, Swain. All the best to you and your family.

Thaivisa has.........oh! What was I going to say?.......Er. Uuuuuuum..........

I'll think of something in a minute.........

Well it's.....no that's not it. Ah! Got it!

It's made me feel part of 'A Community'. Without it I would feel lonely in a rather unwelcoming land.

There's more. But you Guys have already said it.........Viva Thaivisa!

A lot of people I would not get a chance to converse with

A lot of laughs

Good info

Getting an opposing view to challenge the brain

Something interesting extra to do at parts of the day or nite.

& Mainly a chance to talk to common based tongue as my Thai is near Mai Thai

Did I forget new Friendships!

& maybe a couple verbal tongue lashings

Edited by Beardog

A shedload of beer and some GRRREEAAAT BBQ ribs at the Pattaya pissup in March.

Kept me up to speed with the changes in visa regs.

Some different perspectives on living in Thailand even though I have lived there previously.

Some good laughs.

There's more but I have to do some work. :o:D