Extension Of A 60-day Tourist Visa

Hello!

I've been trying to find the answer to this one on the forum, but haven't been successful. Sorry if I've missed something blindingly obvious.

I'm in BKK on day 50 of a 60-day single entry tourist visa. I'm planning to go to the Immigration Office to request a 30-day extension. Schedule-wise it would be easier for me to get the extension tomorrow than waiting until the end of next week. Does the 30-day period start from the day you go to Immigration or only once the original 60-day visa has expired? I really need the full 90 days, and am afraid I'll only end up with a total of 81!

From what the official Thai immigration dep't web site says, I should be okay to go now -- but does anyone have practical experience with this sort of situation?

Thanks for the help!

As far as I know , you well could go exactly the last day that your expiry date is over , if not why would it be a possible 90 days visa ? I did it like that in the past , I do not know it is still like that though , has been a long time . Just wait for one of the other members to confirm .

RSH, the 30-day extension will be added on to your current permission of stay, eg if you were admitted until 24 JUN 2007 your permitted stay will be extended until 24 JUL 2007.

--

Maestro

Hello!

I've been trying to find the answer to this one on the forum, but haven't been successful. Sorry if I've missed something blindingly obvious.

I'm in BKK on day 50 of a 60-day single entry tourist visa. I'm planning to go to the Immigration Office to request a 30-day extension. Schedule-wise it would be easier for me to get the extension tomorrow than waiting until the end of next week. Does the 30-day period start from the day you go to Immigration or only once the original 60-day visa has expired? I really need the full 90 days, and am afraid I'll only end up with a total of 81!

From what the official Thai immigration dep't web site says, I should be okay to go now -- but does anyone have practical experience with this sort of situation?

Thanks for the help!

I went a full week early once, and it didn't matter. The extension went from the last date of my stamp.

Many, many thanks to everyone for the confirmation -- I am happily on my way to Immigration today! (If it is possible to be happy about going to Immigration, that is...)

Many, many thanks to everyone for the confirmation -- I am happily on my way to Immigration today! (If it is possible to be happy about going to Immigration, that is...)

Hi, I am too in the same situation. Glad you ask the same ques as i wanted.

Could you tell me if it went well? How long did it take to get the extension done?

Are you headed for the Bangkok immi office?

Thanks MAK MAK :o

Hi, I am too in the same situation. Glad you ask the same ques as i wanted.

Could you tell me if it went well? How long did it take to get the extension done?

Are you headed for the Bangkok immi office?

Thanks MAK MAK :o

The extension is very routine. If you are the same as the op then the extension can be done at any imigration office and takes about 10 mins. if you are not in a line.

I went to immigration office for a 30 day extension 2 days before expiration. The new 30 days began the the day I applied. I lost 2 days by going early. This happened to me 4 years ago at the immigration office in Patong, Phuket. Please post back your recent experience at immigration in Bangkok.