15 students involved in recent fatal hazing ritual at Thai university expelled

webfact

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Rajamangala University of Technology Isan-Nakhon Ratchasima has decided to expel 15 second-year students, after finding that they organised an illegal hazing ritual, after which a first-year student died.

Remember kids....we would rather you don't savagely murder your classmates. But if you do, we may have to expel you from school.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 other second-year students and 37 first-year students have had their behavioural scores cut by ten points for allegedly supporting the illegal activity.”

Fits right in with China’s social score. 
Or closing down access to your bank acct.  ????

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Expel all of them... send out the message, engage or even be present at a hazing and your complicit in the action.

While I don't recall any fellow pupil dying from the institutional bullying at my private secondary school, if expulsion were the result all second, third, fourth and fifth years would have been gone.

However my first year was the last in which it was permitted. Prefects were still allowed to beat juniors with a sand shoe, and I don't know when that ended.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While I don't recall any fellow pupil dying from the institutional bullying at my private secondary school, if expulsion were the result all second, third, fourth and fifth years would have been gone.

However my first year was the last in which it was permitted. Prefects were still allowed to beat juniors with a sand shoe, and I don't know when that ended.

those were the good ol' days.  Educational standards have nose-dived since physical punishment was banned in schools ????   Now kids going to university in UK can hardly write English or do simple maths ............

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

37 first-year students have had their behavioural scores cut by ten points for allegedly supporting the illegal activity.

So they penalised the other victims (first year students) of this illegal activity, the ones who survived?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Remember kids....we would rather you don't savagely murder your classmates. But if you do, we may have to expel you from school.

What else would you expect the school to do ?

Expelling them is the most severe action a school can take 

19 hours ago, NeoDinosaw said:

those were the good ol' days.  Educational standards have nose-dived since physical punishment was banned in schools ????   Now kids going to university in UK can hardly write English or do simple maths ............

That's a bit simplistic and IMO there are a lot of factors at work.

Too many trendy ideas implemented that didn't/ don't work

Reluctance of males to be teachers for very good reason

The no loser culture

Bad teachers

Woke policies

PC policies

Too much of allowing students to decide how/ what they want to learn.

Bad parents

Culture

Etc.

Apparently NZ has a high % of students that can barely read and write, yet teachers think they deserve higher pay!