Again Regarding The Thai Lady Widow Of Her Finnish Husband

Lelipad

To the Gentlemen of the Scandinavian Expats Association in Pattaya,

my name is Lelio Padovani, from Italy, I live in Thailand, Khon Kaen area, by 6 years with my Thai wife on the basis of a non immigrant O Visa.

A friend of mine from Finland, he also living in Thailand Khon Kaen area with his legal Thai wife, had a car accident on April 5/07 and died. He was alone in the car and nobody was involved in the accident caused only by his human error as confirmed by the Thai Police and Forensic reports.

Even being under 50, he received from the Finnish National Agency for Social Security (or more exact name) a monthly illness-pension because he was sick and could not work. I believe that now the Thai widow is entitled to get the part of this pension due to the surviving spouse.

As I would like to help the widow, I contacted the Finland Embassy in Bangkok to know what the steps to be made by the widow are. I also contacted the Thai Royal Embassy in Helsinki for the same reason. I did not receive useful information as it seems this is a matter out of the duties of the Embassies. I have then contacted the website: www.helplinelaw.com/lawyers/finland to get a lawyer in Helsinki willing to represent the widow with the Finnish Social Security as a paying client, but I did not get any reply. I also sent a telefax to the Finnish Centre for Pensions (Elaketurvakeskus 001 358 9 148 1172), but again I did not receive any reply. I have then posted this same post on the TV Scandinavian Expats of Pattaya on June 8, receiving only one reply from “Puuchai299” who gave me the website scan.siam.com and I am grateful to him for this. I went on this website and I tried the “contact us” button but in vain. Then, I have emailed to the Redactor of your Association, John Alf Haerum, again without reply. The widow is reluctant to go herself and alone in Finland to discuss the matter with the Social Security office. There is any Viking willing to help?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance, Kind Regards