Thai Special Tourist Visa - extension

Hello, I have a question regarding the Thai Special Tourist Visa (STV) which has been extended until 30 Sep 2022. My family and I will apply for the STV soon and plan to fly to Thailand in July 2022. Our plan is to apply for the 2 STV extensions in Thailand and spend a total of 270 days touring around the country. 

However, I’ve read a different interpretation of the rules online. Some people have interpreted the new cut off date for the STV (30 Sep 2022) as the last date tourists will be able to apply for extensions within Thailand under this visa category. While we had interpreted it as the last date to enter Thailand on the STV. Our local Thai embassy could not advise.

Does anybody have any knowledge of the correct interpretation of the STV being extended until 30 Sep 2022?

Thanks for your help! 

The Sept 2022 date is for issuing new STV's to come to Thailand.

As for the additional extensions after arrival that may be up in the air and subject to determination closer to that date. If I remember correctly the first time they issued this visa there was the same debate at the end date. The extensions were debated and implied they were not going to be issued after the ending date but then that visa type was continued so it became a non issue then.  I decided against applying for this visa as a result of that uncertainty.  I may be remembering wrong and Im sure someone else will also chime in on this. Hopefully they continue this visa as it does fill a gap but i dont think the volume of users has been very large. 

2 hours ago, Dan O said:

The Sept 2022 date is for issuing new STV's to come to Thailand.

As for the additional extensions after arrival that may be up in the air and subject to determination closer to that date. If I remember correctly the first time they issued this visa there was the same debate at the end date. The extensions were debated and implied they were not going to be issued after the ending date but then that visa type was continued so it became a non issue then.  I decided against applying for this visa as a result of that uncertainty.  I may be remembering wrong and Im sure someone else will also chime in on this. Hopefully they continue this visa as it does fill a gap but i dont think the volume of users has been very large. 

Oh gosh, that complicates things quite a bit on my end. If anyone has more information on this subject, I'd love to hear it.

Also, has there been any update on the digital nomad visa that's been discussed for quite some time?

I entered on a STV in May of last year. The consensus view of the agents I spoke to were of the opinion that there were to be no extensions after 30th September. I can not give you a definitive answer as the scheme was extended and the problem went away (I am still in Thailand)

With borders opening up I would be going for a SETV, get 90 days, go somewhere for a break and get another SETV in a nearby country. Doing that a third time might be pushing your luck but you would get 6 months and get to see another country. Only issue if you already have extensive stays in Thailand