Alternative to Thailand Post sending to Australia

kwak250

So at the moment i send a few parcels back to my family in Australia but as from 1st April the Courier Post service which i use is going to change its pricing 

Its very easy to be oversize on a box to Australia using airmail so Courier Post service is a great price but will increase quite a lot

Do any of you use anything other than Thailand Post and is it reliable 

Just as a guide it looks like a parcel sent today will be 1900 baht but as of tomorrow it will be 3500 baht

Many thanks

Hi last parcel full of gifts i sent was around 3kg 100cm x 60cm x 20cm

This was oversize for Airmail with Thailand Post but could be sent with Courier Post .(Part of Thailand Post Ecommerce)

Now due to the new pricing this will be very expensive.

Trying to find a cheaper solution .

If anyone uses a different courier which isn't very expensive i would like to know.

11 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

UPS, DHL or of course FedEx, "The World on Time"

All of the above are much more expensive 

If anyone uses a different courier which isn't very expensive i would like to know.

• Like 1

OP it highly unlikely you will beat the Post Office based on your dimensions. The only other way is to re think the size, as a meter length is the issue.

Dependent on contents, it may be possible to send 2 smaller parcels cheaper than 1 big one. Just a suggestion as only you know if thats possible based on what it is that your sending.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

OP it highly unlikely you will beat the Post Office based on your dimensions. The only other way is to re think the size, as a meter length is the issue.

Dependent on contents, it may be possible to send 2 smaller parcels cheaper than 1 big one. Just a suggestion as only you know if thats possible based on what it is that your sending.

Thanks yes unfortunately the last parcel had some long  motorcycle plastic parts whch looking at the cost was 2650 baht .

The same box with some other similar parts and same weight has just gone up to 8250 baht today 

5600 baht increase.

Must be a cheaper way.

I will have a look at some other ones.

Like you say the size is the problem

A square box full of T-shirts and scented candles is no problem with standard Air-mail

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

Thanks yes unfortunately the last parcel had some long  motorcycle plastic parts whch looking at the cost was 2650 baht .

The same box with some other similar parts and same weight has just gone up to 8250 baht today 

5600 baht increase.

Must be a cheaper way.

I will have a look at some other ones.

Like you say the size is the problem

A square box full of T-shirts and scented candles is no problem with standard Air-mail

If it's that expensive Just look into the  price  for the articles  in Aus ,Maybe cheaper to buy  the articles at home in Aus.

54 minutes ago, digger70 said:

If it's that expensive Just look into the  price  for the articles  in Aus ,Maybe cheaper to buy  the articles at home in Aus.

They wouldn't be the same as lots of gifts i send for birthdays etc are just that gifts from Thailand that are sometimes hand crafted .

I am getting a few quotes so will see if i van help others with cheaper shipping.

If your sending a standard small box then like CharlieH says Thailand Post has to be hard to beat with standard Airmail.

• Like 1

The shipping rates for containers over the last 2 years has been more than doubled by the shipping mafia & that was before the oil incease.

The airfreight mobs must be starting to feel the pinch with fuel increases so

I see Thailand as an exporting nation really hurting, unless the Government takes some pro active steps.

I lost a 40ft Hi Cube order to Sydney as the customer refuses to pay their

stupidly inflated prices

• Sad 1