Experts predict a weakening baht may boost exports and tourism

webfact

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I see they have jumped on the bandwagon of using the war in Ukraine s a reason for the economy in the gutter. shameful. Try looking at home for the abysmal economic policies and handling of the pandemic first.

Looking inwards is forbidden.

• Haha 2

It’s not rocket science.  A weaker Baht will boost exports and help tourism.  If a foreigner wants to fly somewhere warm for a vacation—why fly to a more expensive country where your money doesn’t go as far?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Hope so, UK £ has dropped 2 baht per £ since January (3 baht in the last 8 months) - not exactly what you need after ridiculous entry restrictions. Get it back to 47-50 and Thailand may get some serious growth and tourists  in the figures they want.

They have lost 25% of their economy and STILL their currency strengthens. One can only assume there is something going on for that to happen - and as for those saying the other countries keep putting out bad economy data, why does Thailand take a 25% hit and nothing depreciate ? Least I can trust foreign economy figures. Other countries are not losing 25% and getting weaker , they are like losing say 5-10 %, makes no sense

Of course it makes no sense. TIT. (This Is Thailand).

5 hours ago, smedly said:

Experts predict a weakening baht may boost exports and tourism

no kidding 

but will make the hiso purchase abroad more expensive 

In a world were we are now seeing a tightening on officials/governments who steal and launder money and invest abroad - it is not just Russians - Thailand must be well up there, so you want to buy a property in Kensington - were did you get the money, they may as well all be drug dealers who cannot explain it either 

How many police/military in Thailand are billionaires - try explaing that one, oh it all came from my wifes noodle shop .............ahem

No, it came from my Noodle.

Luckily, you don't need to be an "expert" to predict that these "experts'" prediction will come to nothing. As usual.

There conceivably will be a certain increase in exports due to a declining baht, granted. But a tourism increase? Get real, you "experts" you! When will you fine "experts" finally acknowledge the truth that inbound tourism is NOT stifled because of a strong baht but because of a completely, completely, completely different reason?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Did they not say the were not manipulating the THB??? The Baht stays strong and how will it weaken with all the bad news of degrading the banking, less tourism, etc which have no influence on the exchange  rate

I hope they put the baht where it should be, just float it with no help from the government or the banks.

• Like 1