What's The Funniest Pattaya Store Sign You've Seen?

Weho

I saw two I like:

GROSSORY SHOP, (forgot which soi I saw it on); I guess they sell gross things...

and

LANQUAGES SCHOOL, (bottom of Soi Khao Talo, just above Sukumvit); no comment needed.

Disclaimer: ok, so we're making fun of their English speaking abilities... but let's acknowledge that on their worst day, their English isstill 1,000 times better the way many of us speak Thai...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if you can read this or not ,hope so.Anyone thats been to China knows Chinglish.When I first

started working here I really did read and try and understand what they are talking about.Now I just ignore anything in China wriiten in english as its normally nonsense.They talk Chinglish how they write it as well .

My point is that the Thai`s have great english compared to alot of countries I`ve worked in.

Though I still have a laugh walking around in BKK sometimes :o

post-39799-1181897145_thumb.jpg

Those were all funny!

Unfortunately, there are a few humourless people out there, that we'll have to try to explain humour to them. They don't like it when other people have a little laugh... Boo hoo...

Would love to read more contributions, especially from right here, where I am, at this moment, in Pattaya, Thailand..

(wink, wink)...

I saw two I like:

Disclaimer: ok, so we're making fun of their English speaking abilities... but let's acknowledge that on their worst day, their English isstill 1,000 times better the way many of us speak Thai...

Yes but as an adult i am smart enough that when I want something written in thai i find a native thai speaker to write it for me. I have seen full page ads in magazines with poor spelling and/or poor wording that could have been fixed just by asking a native speaker what he thought of the ad before it went to press. I have corrected signs for people for free. Most thais appreciate it.

Ultimate noodles are one.

The noodles of a phantom with the resistance to the teeth of boast of our shop.

The exquisite rainy season which repeated trial and error and was completed.

Colorful red pepper of Thailand.

Domestic careful selection of pork with little fat of female liking is used.

It has healthy vegetables with salad feeling fully.

Now what else could you ask for? Enjoy your meal!!! :o

(OK, not Pattaya but taken from a sign in a noodle shop in Yowaraj, Chinatown, Bangkok)

Not been in a while, but at the food market on Pattaya Klang the menu of one of the vendors had the dish fried vegetables written as 'Fried Regrettable'. On soi Buakhaow there is an internet cafe that allow people to bring their own laptop and hook it up. The sign says 'Laptop Hooker'.

How about......... Drop Your Pants Come In Here ( Genuine Sign From Somewhere In jomtien area many years ago , Laundrey service and nothing else,did find it very amusing but then again i think there knew what there were stating was misleading,always full though , clever marketing :o