Best new Mini PC for the baht?

Furioso

I know there are some really nice Mini's out there, I just don't know which one to buy. I'll gladly put one together if it really is cost efficient. Do any of them come pre-loaded with Win 11?

Heck, I don't even know which store to buy from anymore! 

CPU: Ryzen 7 or equivalent 

RAM: 16GB

2 TB NVMe

Ports a plenty except Display Port

New, Light, Quiet

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Do you need it for games or work or what do you do?

No games or work. 95%(or more) of the time pretty light watching movies via PotPlayer or VLC. I do edit, upscale some videos using Movavi Video Suite. It does OK but I know better software is out there that my current Mini can't run AT ALL. 

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I have an Intel NUC11PAHI7 with 64gb Crucial DDR4 3200 ram and 2X2tb Samsung HD with Win 11 pro I got in Jan '23 that's been great. It was $1,224 delivered from B & H in the US. 

nuc | B&H Photo Video (bhphotovideo.com)

Very nice, that's a lot of RAM. If you don't mind how much of the cost was shipping, import tax, etc? 

I have older BMax and very happy with it.  This at about 10k would seem to click your requirements and loaded with Win11 but 2TB is added by HDD (which is fine for data and tiny footprint).

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/new-2024-bmax-b4-mini-pc-intel-12th-gen-n95-ram-16gb-ssd-512gb-windows-11-1-i3346863493-s21178099739.html?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I have older BMax and very happy with it.  This at about 10k would seem to click your requirements and loaded with Win11 but 2TB is added by HDD (which is fine for data and tiny footprint).

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/new-2024-bmax-b4-mini-pc-intel-12th-gen-n95-ram-16gb-ssd-512gb-windows-11-1-i3346863493-s21178099739.html?

Thanks, tbh the CPU is probably too slow for what I'm looking for. Plus I'd like to avoid HDD's from here on out. I appreciate your input though!

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Furioso said:

Very nice, that's a lot of RAM. If you don't mind how much of the cost was shipping, import tax, etc? 

The RAM kit was $160.99 and it's now $139.99

The HD was $179.99 and it's now $149.99 (only one, I added the second on later, sorry) BHOrder.png.622cb2e25747374ba156305905fbf5cf.png

BHOrder02.thumb.png.b69abcb87443cfd5275e544026a428ba.png

Edited by Yellowtail

16 minutes ago, Furioso said:

Thanks, tbh the CPU is probably too slow for what I'm looking for. Plus I'd like to avoid HDD's from here on out. I appreciate your input though!

I noticed on their Lazada shop they also have i3 and i5 versions with up 1TB SSD .... but these don't seem to ship with Windows.

I've also been looking at mini pc's, but they all seen to built in a garage rather than branded products .... is this the norm for minis?

18 hours ago, Furioso said:

This seems to fit your requirements - but price is about 18k for 2tb

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/flagship-2024flagship-2024-bmax-b8-pro-mini-pc-windows-11-cpu-gen12-intel-core-i7-1265u-iris-xe-graphic-ram-24gb-ddr5-ssd-1tb-nvme-1-year-warranty-in-thailand-i2235361181-s20914470204.html?

Edited by lopburi3

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

ngl this is pretty close to what I'm looking for. Hopefully the iris xe graphic isn't a weak point. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I shopped pretty hard in Thailand, but really could not beat the price for what I got. 

Warranty?

21 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I noticed on their Lazada shop they also have i3 and i5 versions with up 1TB SSD .... but these don't seem to ship with Windows.

Windows 11 must be the easiest OS to install. Get a key on Lazada or ebay for £10.

Get a barebones NUC from Invade or whoever. Put what RAMM, SSD, M2 YOU want in it.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2024 at 6:03 PM, KannikaP said:

Windows 11 must be the easiest OS to install. Get a key on Lazada or ebay for £10.

Get a barebones NUC from Invade or whoever. Put what RAMM, SSD, M2 YOU want in it.

Does this save enough money to make it worthwhile? 

10 hours ago, Furioso said:

Does this save enough money to make it worthwhile? 

Possibly not, but the satisfaction of doing it yourself is great.........well for me it is!

On 4/3/2024 at 11:44 AM, Yellowtail said:

world wide

You mean that they will send a Thai techie to fix a PC you bought in USA?

On 4/1/2024 at 9:01 PM, Kinnock said:

I've also been looking at mini pc's, but they all seen to built in a garage rather than branded products .... is this the norm for minis?

How can you tell where it has been built?

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

How can you tell where it has been built?

The primary advantage of buying bare-bones and buying the components separately is that you can buy whatever brand and model components you like, you don't get cheap RAM or drives and whatnot. 

It goes together pretty much like Legos for 3 to 5-year-olds. 

• Thumbs Up 1