Does Anyone Realize That Many Of The Russians Inside Thailand Support Putin?

Mitkof Island

2 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

So you think they would have gotten a Visa/Passport or been allowed to leave Russia  if they didn't?  Innocent  Russians?  Really how can anyone think that?  They said the Germans  were innocent  when Hitler committed  his crimes and we know how that turned out.  Any Russian not standing up to Putin and regime and stopping the killing of innocent  people are no different  than the criminals themselves.   The world will say after the facts just as they did with Germany  after WWII.  All who allow their country, Leaders and military to commit war crimes are complacent  in the act, and just as guilty.   Russia says they aren't committing war crimes and its stagged.  Are the Russian people so Naive that they believe  this? Is the world actually  believing their crimes are being faked and staged?  I'm sure all those that have died would disagree  if they could!  If the Russian people have any values then there will be changes, and conflict within.  But the west knows how the Government  deals with anyone trying to do justice  in Russia, They do what Stalin did.

The majority of Russians are dirt poor. Would you mind explaining to me where all these Russians inside Thailand are getting their money from and how many are able to have long term visas, have condos and many never seem to leave. Seems awfully odd to me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

The majority of Russians are dirt poor. Would you mind explaining to me where all these Russians inside Thailand are getting their money from and how many are able to have long term visas, have condos and many never seem to leave. Seems awfully odd to me.

there is a theory that the ones with money are part of the thiefdoms in Russia.

I know one Russian here who works here, apparently doesn't support Putin but I haven't had an opportunity to quiz him yet

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does your view also apply to the American presidents who decided to invade other peoples' countries? And does it apply to all those soldiers who invaded i.e. Afghanistan and Iraq and who killed people? And does it apply to all those people who voted for Bush and others?

I think if we are realistic then we have to accept that life is complicated. Imagine if a Russian in Thailand (or anywhere else in this world) would go on social media and say what an as$#$# Putin is. He should be hanged and all that. And then, what will happen? Will this Russian person ever be able to return to his homeland? And how about his parents and other family members? Will Putin and his supporters say: That is a single guy in Thailand, we will leave his parents and family alone. Really?

I don't like what Putin is doing. And I don't like when people support him. But I try to see reality. And reality is that soldiers all over the world have to follow orders. Or else. And people want to eat and they want to live in a warm home. Should they demonstrate on the streets and then freeze to death at home? It's complicated.

One of my favorite quotes is: There are easy solutions for all complex problems. And most of the time they are wrong.

You are speaking short sighted,  in the west if tge Soldier  is caught committing  war crimes they are punished.  Iraq and Afghanistan were invaded by thugs, waits insecure selfish thugs that belittle women, hinder proper education, burn books, make womeon live by one standard, and hide themselves  behind a cloth head to toe, because  they are afraid someone else might impress their lady, and they are insecure, make women live by a seperate but not equal standard to men, freedom  of choice dictatorships long before America  "DEFENDED"  thats right defended, you forget who struck the first blow in the war.  All terrorists  are infantile,  and upset that they want but cant get it their way. .

So we can see you are all for the Russians committing  war crimes, and the Russian  people doing nothing about it, but the difference  is that history  will prove me right.  Their will either be an escalation of conflict in the world, or Russia will continue to be repelled  by the Ukraine, losing face along the way, and in the end they will be held accountable  for war crimes.  The Russian people that do nothing are just as guilty, just like WWII, and Kosovo  before.  The difference  in your statement  is the mass graves, and mass execution of Civilians.   I can think Of Beau Bergdahl who was found guilty and punished for war chrimes and a few others tgat were rogue, but these Russian soldiers are preformong mass execution on civilians, and thats a fact and war crime.  So we will see as history  unfolds, and tge world fortunately bigger than you and I sside closer to how I feel ratger tgan you supporting  war criminals. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

There is a huge difference between Russian expats and the Western ones. If you look at the results of the elections, for example, to the Russian State Duma, you will see that anti-Russian pro-American marginal parties have been winning the elections among Russian expats in Thailand for decades.
Therefore, you can form a certain opinion about what kind of people they are. They are very similar to Assange/Snowden supporters in the USA.

Edited by friendofthai
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

To use your argument, all Americans are guilty for the USA invading Iraq under the pretext of WMD's. All those Americans who supported the warmonger Bush. Is Iraq a better country for the USA's invasion? I don't think so.

Is Japan?

• Like 1

That mafia thing is quite outdated. In the last 20 years Russia got trillions of dollars by selling gas, oil, gold, aluminum, nickel and a lot of other stuff (mainly to the West and China).

During these times, a new, deeply corrupted  structure of the Russian society was formed with at least 25-30% of the population benefiting from it. Many Russian people got much richer and if in the 90-s one, most often, had to be an outright criminal to become rich in Russia, now new rich Russians are all part of the criminal state and are getting their share by working in the different state structures.

The bribes and the budget milking schemes are everywhere, quite similar to Thailand but worse. And yes, the majority of the Russian society is still poor.

Regarding the “putin supporters” part - that is quite true. These new Russians attribute their relative success to Putin being in power, so they support him no matter what he does. 

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

There is a huge difference between Russian expats and the Western ones. If you look at the results of the elections, for example, to the Russian State Duma, you will see that anti-Russian pro-American marginal parties have been winning the elections among Russian expats in Thailand for decades.
Therefore, you can form a certain opinion about what kind of people they are. They are very similar to Assange/Snowden supporters in the USA.

Where is all their money coming from?

4 minutes ago, vinci said:

there's a different between invasion and deliberation, the last time i check Afghanistan and Iraq have their own government elected by their citizen

Oh yes, they are both stable financially and politically, not. You can't be seriously justifying Americas involvement in both countries or bringing peace and stability to those countries.

• Like 2

There appears to be some media support for  Russians in Thailand .

Notice how many expensive cars are being traded by Russian expats.

The people of Ukraine are been murdered as they flee to the borders with what little  possessions they can carry.

By comparison some media outlets suggest we should be sympathetic to the Russians currently living in their condos by the sea  in Thailand .

I don't agree .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Oh yes, they are both stable financially and politically, not. You can't be seriously justifying Americas involvement in both countries or bringing peace and stability to those countries.

yes i understand what you're trying to say, but they did not INVADE a country

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1