work permit for musicians for 8 days.

Hello everyone!

My friend would like to make a  music festival for 8 days in different provinces.

Have some international bands would like to  play there. Is there any way to get permission from government for they can officially play at that trip ? For not make full work permit for everyone.

You could look into a Non-Imm M Visa.  That's for media productions.  I think you may be better off using or talking to an agent, as there will be multiple Visa's required and there are some restrictions that come with the M visa; travel, are you getting paid (for tax purposes), etc.

On 4/8/2022 at 2:08 PM, Faeton said:

Is there any way to get permission from government for they can officially play at that trip ? For not make full work permit for everyone.

Lots of international artists are performing in Thailand in both concerts and local venues, for example guest DJs or international jazz festivals. First of all, your friend needs permission to arrange the festivals and the same authorities might be able to advise about work permit, otherwise talk to the local immigration office, where a venue is going to take place. Your friend might also need some professionel set-up to be arranger of music festivals or partner with a Thai arranger, if your firend is not a Thai national. The artist might need to pay artist-tax of their salary.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, khunPer said:

Lots of international artists are performing in Thailand in both concerts and local venues, for example guest DJs or international jazz festivals. First of all, your friend needs permission to arrange the festivals and the same authorities might be able to advise about work permit, otherwise talk to the local immigration office, where a venue is going to take place. Your friend might also need some professionel set-up to be arranger of music festivals or partner with a Thai arranger, if your firend is not a Thai national. The artist might need to pay artist-tax of their salary.

I performed in Pattaya a few times a few years ago without getting paid. I did not bother about a work permit, even if I was getting paid.