New Prices For Australian Visa Application ?

Hi there, I was about to lodge a Migrant Visa for my Wife to live with me in Australia (based on marriage) . I would have done so end of July . But now a friend told me that there was a significant increase for the Australian Visa application charges (currently 40850 THB) starting on the 1st of July? Does anyone know if there is any thruth behind this and possible how much the "significant " increase could be?

Thanks for the feedbacks,

mbox

Hi there, I was about to lodge a Migrant Visa for my Wife to live with me in Australia (based on marriage) . I would have done so end of July . But now a friend told me that there was a significant increase for the Australian Visa application charges (currently 40850 THB) starting on the 1st of July? Does anyone know if there is any thruth behind this and possible how much the "significant " increase could be?

Thanks for the feedbacks,

mbox

I would appreciate if anybody know anything about this new charges and post it . Thank you very much :o mbox

according to the website it is still $1340.....

But who knows....anyone who gets any info, let us know

Thx for the reply,

Yes, website still says $1340 . I sent email to embassy bkk and also the visa application center . Visa application says "Please update the visa charges from our website (www.immi.gov.au)on the 1

July 2007. Unfortunately, we have not got any news for the Australian

Embassy yet. Sorry for the inconvenience caused." and the Australian Embassy never replied. not sure why they make it a big secret about any changes. I serached all over the net but nothing useful i found so far,

mbox

I can't be sure about the prices, but it wouldn't suprise me.

There is a whole new raft of laws coming into effect on 1 July 07 concerning issues of PR, qualifications of citizenship and resumption of citizenship.