Renting a car at Satuek Airport

Gimbo

Grandma in Buriram is getting frail, and due to covid we have not been in Thailand for 4 years as we where set to go when international travel simply closed down.
Time to get the family home. It may be the last chance for my wife and the grandchildren 
to see her. 

On all previous trips we rented a car from Bangkok to get up there. But this time the wife insist on flying from Bangkok to Satuek. 
So we need to rent the car from there. I cant find anything online, but thought there might be someone in here that can clue me in?

Wheels down planned fro mid july. 

Edited by Gimbo

3 hours ago, fulhamster said:

To get to the bus station by the market.

Most buses to Buriram don't stop for the airport

In order to get a bus into Sateuk, you would need to walk to the main road. There you will notice buses going to Buriram, obviously.

Minibus transport is available at the airport, as I mentioned in my previous post.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 3:03 PM, KhunBENQ said:

The topic title is a bit unfavorable.

Sure the airport is quite away from Buriram city in Satuek district but of course referred to as Buriram Airport ( code: BFV).

Even Avis shows some booking site for that:

https://www.avis.com/en/locations/th/buriram/bfv

Another option might be taking transport to the city and find something there?

In addition CarPluz, ThaiRent-a-car and VIP Car Rental all had booths at the airport. I believe Avis and CarPluz are still active. In addition BuriramExpats used to have a bookable transfer for all points within the province. Google them. 

• 2 months later...

Life happened and I forgot about this, sorry about that. 
Anyway, we are not going to Buriram city, as my wife is from a Village near Satuek, so we are staying in that area, and will use that as base for traveling around 
some.
But we have had a change of plans. Her brother just bought a new Double cab- Pick-up , and will lend us that one, as he has a smaller car he uses for commuting to work. 
So instead of flying up to Satuek, we'll stay a couple of nights with her brother in Chon Buri, get rested from the flight, and relax on the beach and let the kids meet their cousins, and then drive up to the Satuek area, like we did often when we lived up there back when we got married 15 years ago.  And we'll torture the kids with stories about that on the way, lol. 

Is a a fine for "Driving while farang" still a thing?