Didn't receive social security payment this month

You can start by calling this number their our contact for living in Thailand.  I've been reading articles on yahoo saying this yr depending on your birthday day will change what day you get your check but that didn't happened to me and if your living out of the usa for 2 yrs you have to inform them your still alive or that can stop your check . I'm new at this but this some of the info I've found .

Screenshot_20220412-100752_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Good Luck rectifying.  Mine / USA, actually came early, on the 1st, as usually the 3-4-5th of the month.

If Yank, do you have an online account w/SS (I don't & can't), then that would be the first place to look, I think.

11 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Good Luck rectifying.  Mine / USA, actually came early, on the 1st, as usually the 3-4-5th of the month.

If Yank, do you have an online account w/SS (I don't & can't), then that would be the first place to look, I think.

I'm not Yank, >65 and enrolled in Medicare, living in CM but can and do have SSA account that I opened before leaving USA.

Unfortunately, SSA has made several errors in processing my claim for SSA benefits that I filed about 11.5 months ago.  I'm still waiting.....  At this point I'm quite confident that I know more than the SSA employees that have been handling my case.

FBU Manila is perhaps useful for only the most straightforward cases of benefit applications.  I have found them to be more of an impediment than an assistant in the process.  They only accept phone calls for 6 hours a week.  They don't have voicemail or "wait on hold" or the option of getting a call back.  Continuous re-dialing is the only recourse.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

At this point I'm quite confident that I know more than the SSA employees that have been handling my case.

No argument here.  Sadly anything the govt is involved in is mishandled & inefficiently executed.  Luckily all went smooth with me, others, not so lucky.  

I can't register on their site, and calling SS in USA was a joke, hold for 20 mins only to be disconnected, then lines too busy to even accept, advised to call back.  Manila could only submit my DD paperwork, which went flawlessly, thankfully.  Couldn't assist with anything else.

Tax $$$ at work.  What a sh!thole of a country.  Things really do run smoother here IMHO & experience vs USA bureaucracy ... that's just sad.

Edited by KhunLA
4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I can't register on their site, and calling SS in USA was a joke, hold for 20 mins only to be disconnected, then lines too busy to even accept, advised to call back.  Manila could only submit my DD paperwork, which went flawlessly, thankfully.  Couldn't assist with anything else.

As long as I had almost infinite patience I could reach SSA by phone from LOS using Google Voice.  Sure....I waited up to an hour more than once, but speakerphone made that at least somewhat acceptable.

It was the SSA's phone reps that made it possible to track the progress, and identify the errors made.  Of course FBU Manila claims that the erroneous information they put on my application came from me... LOL.  If only they would have sent me a copy of my application for verification I probably would have my benefits for months already.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, steveb5 said:

Just received my payment it is  quite late. Did they change the payment schedule? I normally receive my payment on the 4th or the 5th of the month

It would be paid on the 3rd of the month if using a Thailand address for the SSA. I got mine on the 1st since the 3rd was on a Sunday.

If not using a Thailand address then it depends upon your date of birth as per the PDF posted above.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, taxout said:

Even though I use direct deposit, they stopped mine because a piece of mail was returned. Got no prior notification -- payment just stopped -- even though I have an online SS account for receiving messages.

In my experience the online SS account message function is only used for broadcasting updates to everyone.  They never seem to use that function for messages specific to you.  During my year long struggle to get my application approved, I repeatedly asked them to use that feature to send any letters/communications.  I told them sometimes the mail from USA to Thailand can take months.

My online account settings requested that ALL letters from them be shown in my online message section.  It never happened.... My solution was to call them about once a week, wait on hold for over an hour to find out the most recent status/hiccup.

I think I'll change my online settings back to receiving communications from them via mail, because now I get NOTHING by mail or online message.

Edited by gamb00ler

To whom it is a Operations Management Concern

Please understand I have great respect for the majority of hard working USA staffed SSA.GOV workers. The trouble is a hand full of isolated, untrained, brain dead, Social Security International Operations Managers.

Social Security International Operations is isolated under zero supervision and zero motivated aid to customer service, zero problem solution generated silent ignorance, total waste of taxpayer money.    

I am not alone as for reporting the discusting failure of Government fiduciary duties, out of control at the SSA.GOV Filipino Manila FBU office neglecting, ignoring Social Security Administration International customers.

I am not receiving SSA.GOV benefits, received zero assistance from brain dead employees Robert Jocson, Christina Cuevaz, Iveez Gomez, 17 SSA,GOV Filipino paid agents demanding 17 different USA Embassy ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS taking months to be deleted as trash after Embassy staff has mailed SSA forms to FBU Manila agents...

FBU division paid by SSA.GOV have no decency to reply by mail, answer phone part time maybe one hour a week. They are useless SSA.GOV wasted taxpayer money collecting pay checks from SSA.GOV International Director who also refuses to answer long distance phone calls and uses recorded message to call 1-800-772-1213.. I have called the number the past 10 years and 9 out of 10 agents replied all we can do is add your information to a file but can not have access to supervised top down managed review of problem resolution. The top of the pyramid is isolated
from the bottom of the pyramid and the bottom of the pyramid can not think outside of their sand box are told to
start over each and  every call... Keep the caller busy runnin g around collecting oriinal documents to be located from inside the jungles of Asia...

I was personally told by the MANILA FBU regional officer over the phone that they are saving money and refuse all expenses to help USA citizens over 10 years chasing USA citizen SSA.GOV customer service.

SSA.GOV MANILA destroyed my life. I left USA California divorced after Xwife sold my Palm Springs retirement home, the Orange County Superior Court split 1,000,000. Xwife bought new home Santa Margarita California and my share bank deposited. I had several credit cards, checking account, auto paid mobile Verizon, 24 Hour Fitness Center etc etc ALL TOTALLY CREDIT TRASHED because Wells Fargo demanded I send them ORIGINAL SSA CARD before releasing money....   I was in Asia no USA home address left a bank deposit to P.O. Box address traveling to ASIA.

I do not work for Social Security and do not work for USA Government but I was forced to run around like a dumb monkey traveling several days to USA Embassy to verify ORIGINAL documents stamped by USA Embassy and then delivered diplomatic registered postal coded mail intercepted by brain dead FBU MANILA staff.
Nothing happened so I travel again and waited and waited MANILA FBU remained silent ignored all problem solutions.. Wells Fargo decided to trash my credit destroyed coast to coast USA credit history dumped into
unpaid obsolete resold PO Box...    

I applied for Medicare 2016 at the USA Embassy and 2017 applied again at another USA Embassy for SSA.GOV benefits... Nothing happened!! I spent a fortune traveling to USA Embassy and also sending EMS certified mail packages to Baltimore Operations Center and FBU MANILA !! nothing happened.            

My problems was never resolved by dead ignored actions including the TOTAL IGNORANCE TO COMMUNICATE with USA citizens outside the USA. The trouble is SSA.GOV pyramid has zero International support Management at Baltimore
leaving messages that they are busy servicing 50 million SSA customers, very busy serving outside USA borders!

Filipino phone calls cost a fortune and untrained responses was "apply online: get a SSA MYaccount, go online, can not help you"... Phone calls to 800 number in Baltimore agents every week replied there is nothing they can help with only update notice of calls... Two 800 agents did and was able to send me email and arrange a telephone interview after 6 years later! However all the rest replied they can not reach they could not notify supervisors
after repeated calls to get a single top down managed review of a Embassy delivered benefits application.

Not a word from the Filipino FBU monkeys!!! I was sent a letter from Baltimore Operations that I was approved 6 years late !!! Then I was sent another letter from Baltimore Operations that the money was returned need a
address... It has been three months since the Bangkok Bank director has tried to contact SSA.GOV but failed can not reach any SSA.GOV or FBU agent to explain what is the Direct Deposit trouble...

The USA Embassy (State Department) declared 2017 they have nothing more to do with SSA.GOV Filipino FBU because they are sick and tired of USA citizens complaining and wasted time over ignored fiduciary duty from Filipino SSA.GOV FBU agents.

There is no other way to contact SSA.GOV using Internet because Baltimore Operations block access from outside the USA... The Baltimore online MY SSA ACCOUNT must have a USA phone number for security messages and a USA bank credit card. Wells Fargo BANK TRASHED MY accounts several years ago because I was unable to deliver a SSA REPLACEMENT CARD ordered by the USA EMBASSY prior to 2017.

Thailand has many news reported SSA.GOV refusal to help USA citizens. AS I see the trouble is a lack of TOP DOWN MANAGEMENT not available above routine simple problems traiuning to start at the bottom of the pyramid.

Evey time USA citizen tries to call SSA.GOV always start at the bottom of the pyramid and
forget, hang up the call if it needs advanced recording or management...

The trouble is at the top of the pyramid by managers who assume and therefore promote gross negligence to avoid solving international SSA.GOV benefit  services to retired USA citizens...

Thank you for listening enjoy your  days in Thailand  

8 hours ago, exant said:

......BIG snip......

The trouble is at the top of the pyramid by managers who assume and therefore promote gross negligence to avoid solving international SSA.GOV benefit  services to retired USA citizens...

Thank you for listening enjoy your  days in Thailand

I hope you're feeling better after getting that out!

If you still have some reliable contacts back in USA, I recommend you have them get a Google Voice (GV) number set up.  Once that has been established, you can use it to call the SSA help line from your smartphone with a decent WiFi connection.  Be prepared to wait on hold for over an hour.  That was the only way I could get anything to happen on my application.

P.S.  I am able to verify my login to mySSA using my email address.... no US phone number required.

Hello and thanks for your update... It is no problem to call SSA.GOV USA 1+8007721213.. etc and listen to the recorded messages and music, wait an hour before an agent answers... It is no problem after verification to ask for help solving problem. Where it becomes a disgusting problem is the agents, male or female, reply "I am sorry i can not help you with International problems, talk to FBU or talk to Embassy..." 

Been there and done that going beyond ask to talk 800 supervisor / office manager... Wait hours on hold and agents respond sorry no supervisor answered, very sorry I can not help you...

I was able to get only one agent over ten years who declared he was a supervisor and then sent me one email scheduled phone interview to process benefit applications I started 2016 at and by the USA Embassy.  Applications  repeated 2017 / 2018  but was told 2018 USA Embassy no longer help with SSA must contact FBU Manila direct.

The USA Embassy can verify original forms demanded as  documents and can mail documents to SSA Manila, asked them to mail copies direct to SSA International Operations PO Box Baltimore...

The Embassy did two times and issued registered diplomatic postal delivery numbers, nothing happened waited and waited the Embassy sent me mail we did deliver two envelopes to Baltimore and FBU Manila you must contact them direct...  

Nothing happen over 10 years until recently  I

was able to 800 phone a single SSA manager, who setup phone interview SIX YEARS BENEFITS LATE... 

Last Year letter from Baltimore Central Operations ;  was qualified, shall receive payments

going back only 4 months? starting from the date SSA 800 manager help to setup phone interview...  4 months benefits paid out of 72 months lost payment is better than nothing...

Requested FORM SSA561-U2 sorry can not help call USA Embassy sorry can not help contact FBU Manila... sent mail to FBU Manila NOTHING HAPPEN

Now 3 months ago received NEW letter from Baltimore Central Operations  we must stop your payments because Bangkok Bank returned the direct deposit ?...

The Bangkok Bank Manager tried to contact SSA for 90 days !

Also I called 800 number and verified account number SWIFT code several times !

Including sent letter to FBU Manila, and guess what ?

NOTHING HAPPEN, Manila dead silent USA SSA please contact FBU ...  My Bangkok application was filed by the bank manager using SWIFT code all verified several times to receive  SSA deposit   I D D  at a verified Bangkok Bank account submitted by the bank

manager on their FORM OMB No 0960-0686 last year...

Out of 7,779 USA retired in Thailand  SSA.GOV  only 633 are signed up for I D D  rogram....

7,102 receive payment to a US bank via A C H using the Bangkok Bank NY routing number

considered a US bank with ACH routing number.  44 folks still receive paper check.

The I D D  SWIFT payment goes to a Bangkok Bank regular savings account with debit card, full Ibanking mobile capability, no requirement to physically show-up each and every bank

withdrawal,   I  D D SWIFT depend on managers from other Thailand banks can be filed at

SSA.GOV  declared by FBU Manila  mid year 2019 SSA.GOV agreements... Search it...

Receiving  D D  ACH payment at Bangkok Bank  requires opening special New York direct deposit savings account restriction, no debit cards, all payments must be withdrawn in person with passport ID,  only Bangkok Bank can receive ACH payments.

Where applications get complicated Bangkok Bank has two SWIFT codes  for I D D  bave no clear explanation  (BKKBTHBKXXX  and BKKBTHBKBT)  routing codes and one  USA New York ACH ABA routing code

My preference was file SWIFT I D D  deposit ignore the New York ACH rerouted D D deposit.

routing so I can travel and use a Thailand debit card any location any store any purchase

Bangkok Bank manager explained ACH is no longer necessary can use SWIFT made by the agreements arranged 2019  by the FBU Manila...   

It is not intended to make me feel better rambling on this forum. It is and was intended to

inform perhaps help others with USA SSA.GOV benefits direct deposited to Thailand or as

citizens to apply to SSA inside the USA before relocating to sunny affordable no hassle Thailand...

Sounds like you should move back to US as government want to see physical person, walk to physical office and reapply to make direct deposit into US bank and have US credit card to use money.

Make it simple for government to help you.

My preference was file SWIFT I D D  deposit ignore the New York ACH rerouted D D deposit.

routing so I can travel and use a Thailand debit card any location any store any purchase

You located in Florida can walk into SSA office and it would help every body already retired in Thailand to get the facts only the facts from you should you be willing to get the  forms and get answers to the pro and con of IDD vs DD / SWIFT vs ACH approved by FBU Manila 2019

@exant you mentioned that you cannot get access to your mySSA account because they insist on using a US phone number to verify your identity.  After entering my login information I am given 3 options to verify.  A phone #, an email address and a reset option (see pic below).  The email option works for me every time.  I tried using Textnow and Google Voice to receive a security code but neither of those worked.

I've never tried the reset so I don't know how useful it would be.

What do you see?

I have never used a VPN to connect to mySSA

I did create mySSA account while still living in US.

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 8.38.16 PM.png

you mentioned that you cannot get access to your mySSA account because they insist on using a US phone number to verify your identity.  After entering my login information I am given 3 options to verify.  A phone #, an email address and a reset option

Hello and thank you for your support update... Please understand I have relocated to Thailand

2006 and became eligible 2016 that was SIX years ago when the USA Embassy was very help full and assisted USA citizens with open arms regarding  and even supplying FORMS for SSA.GOV benefits application. I do not and have not worked for SSA.GOV and I had no idea

ALL DOCUMENTS ALL APPLICATIONS WAS ALWAYS INTERCEPTED BY ?? FBU MANILA and was not direct mailed to agents at  SSA.GOV International Central Operations. 

After waiting and waiting and receiving several confirmations from the USA EMBASSY that the Embassy has mailed applications several time as requested even direct to Baltimore Maryland I followed up using EMS return signature mail delivered to Baltimore Maryland!

Guess what Baltimore never replied FBU Manila never replied...  I can only assume as did

the USA Embassy staff sending mail several times that the USA International SSA Operations

is a a gross negligent out of control zero managed zero supervised pyramid management.

Please make sure you understand my application history started after qualifying to SSA.GOV

benefits and therefore I had no idea SSA.GOV started a internet MYSSAaccount login operation. The SSA INTERNET FIRST TIME INTERNET LOGIN AND ACCOUNT ACTIVATION

demands a USA phone number a USA bank account card a USA address as you step by step

follow the internet application from OUTSIDE THE USA it shall be blocked...  I assume after YOU ACTIVATE YOUR SSA INTERNET MYACCOUNT first inside the USA and pass all the security questions and receive verified coded message you can leave the USA and you caN

PROBABLY ACCESS using your validated GOOGLE certified email  address with perhaps a VPN to hide your outside the USA location... I can only assume and believe you can open and examine your SSA INTERNET account from Thailand...

MOVING BACK TO THAILAND  INTERNATIONAL DIRECT DEPOSIT  (I D D)  application are we

clear that FBU Manila made arrangements middle of year 2019 that your IDD application does not require in person to person face to face SSA money delivery only at the bank window...   Are we clear that SSA money delivered to IDD application offers a BANK DEBIT card that you can travel and use at any location as a VISA or MASTERCARD debit card!

There are abouts 7000 USA citizens receiving RESTRICTED PICKUP FACE TO FACE AT BANK

WINDOW USING A RESTRICTED BANK ACCOUNT....  Abouts 0nly 600 USA SSA retired in

Thailand HAVE THE IDD BANk ACCOUNT because FBU MANILA made arrangement 2019

2020... CALL YOUR DD bank talk about SWIFT IDD SSA.GOV benefit payments...

RETURNING BACK to your MY SSA ACCOUNT able to use email in Thailand to login as you

explained it has limited use because of return response from SSA.GOV management over

your "secured" login account...   What every body has a hard time understanding is the

lost connections and enormous time out dead access to SSA.GOV INTERNATIONAL....

A decent workable solution would be to force FBU MANILA to put online a INTERNET SERVER

dedicated to SOCIAL SECURITY accounts less than 7000 USA SSA citizens in Thailand probably even less after the 2019 COVID visa passport  hysteria... After 2019 FBU MANILA

answer the phone one hour a week and play recorded messages we are busy servicing 50 million people every day every minute as the International SSA.GOV paid FBU MANILA in charge of less than 7000 USA retired SSA.GOV citizens...

Come on all you readers get out there and investigate search the facts look for solutions

help USA citizens understand the facts nothing but the facts to enjoy life in sunny affordable

Thailand.....

LOOK HERE COMPARE what is going on today in California compared to affordable no hassle retirement life in Thailand

• 2 months later...

This web site is the USA Social Security Administration FORM APPLICATION 

signed by Thailand bank branch to verify account identity starting International

Direct Deposit to your Thailand bank account. Note the FORM can be edited

example change sample to THAILAND and other bank details such as SWIFT etc

related  money routing data while non related data outside Thailand can be removed from the form. All instructions are on the Form.

https://omb.report/icr/202107-0960-005/doc/113470800

19 minutes ago, exant said:

This web site is the USA Social Security Administration FORM APPLICATION 

signed by Thailand bank branch to verify account identity starting International

Direct Deposit to your Thailand bank account.

That appears to be the standard SSA-1199.

There is a special one for Thailand only. Have a look at this one. https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-1199-op107.pdf

UbonJoe Thank you for your PDF link info

The link is not working correct for a download and shows a m3u file instead

Please attach your copy of the SSA blank PDF file you have recommended

Habing a lot of trouble with SSA.GOV links on 3BB as per history the links are

either blocked hacked or re routed broken security. 

Please use DRAG FILES HERE to attach or choose a file as explained next

to the paper clip display inside  your submit reply message

ubonjoe    PDF attached displayed  thank you for attachment

Just a suggestion to help all USA citizens planning to International Direct Deposit Social Security retirement payment to other Thailand opened bank accounts not related to Bangkok Bank...   The form permit changing bank

accounts and also relocating to new address to start a new application.

In specifics the form explains do not close an active SSA bank account but

wait until the new application start receiving SSA deposit to the new account.

Is this THAILAND form in use and circulated available at other Thailand

bank branches alternative Thailand bank accounts, or is this form locked

up SSA.GOV recognized authorized sourced only from Bangkok Bank open

account?

It is a simple form to fill out and mail to SSA.GOV should one change bank accounts or residence or even apply traveling to a new country bank account.

11 minutes ago, exant said:

Is this THAILAND form in use and circulated available at other Thailand

bank branches alternative Thailand bank accounts, or is this form locked

up SSA.GOV recognized authorized sourced only from Bangkok Bank open

account?

It can be used at any Thai bank.

For direct deposits via Bangkok Bank's New York branch a standard SSA-1199 is used since it uses a ACH bank code. 

ubonjoe thank you again for comment.

With your permission want to expand beyond all the rumors and undocumented word of mouth assumptions regarding receiving your USA

Social Security money. There are two methods refered to as Direct Deposit (DD) and International Direct Deposit (IDD) the difference is trhat Direct Deposit must be deposited to the USA Gangkok Bank New York office under FDIC federal regulations to an ACS account routed bank account. This ACS

routed bank account must be picked up in person face to face in a Bangkok Bank branch issued as a restricted locked bank account that must be picked up in person with a passport from a special restricted Bangkok Bank account

Starting 2019 The Manila Filipino FBU SSA has negotiated a new International Direct Deposit system that is the PDF form you have adopted as a SWIFT not a ACS bank routed transfer account.  A SWIFT routed bank account number is not restricted and not a special FDIC account ike a ACS Bangkok Bank New York account. The SWIFT bank account is used by all banks outside the USA Federal Reserve Insurance bank restricted coding ACS monopoly routing

The new SAMPLE form circulated by Social Security can receive direct deposit all over the world at any outside usa COUNTRY bank office that

has a standard SWIFT CODE account identity routing. The SSA.GOV can

deliver your SSA.GOV money direct into your SWIFT not ACS account and

you can attach a DEBIT ATM card to your SWIFT account. It is no longer

necessary to get your money face to face every month.

There are abouts 7000 USA SSA.GOV pension deposited in Thailand but

only abouts 640 USA citizens are aware have understanding and are using the IDD SWIFT bank account routing from SSA.GOV to their Mastercard

ATM DEBIT SWIFT bank account

In the form SAMPLE 2019 it spells out you use this form to travel and file your new SWIFT bank address atr your new bank account then must wait until the new filed bank accoount location start receiving SSA.GOV deposit

The OLD ACS Bangkok Bank New York middle man ACS FDIC re routing to Thailand is not necessary unless you are not retired in Thailand and want to return to the USA where you must use a USA FDIC regulated bank

Please investigate and elaborate the facts there is a great deal of difference between OLD  ACS routed middle man Bangkok Bank New York ACS routing

your money to Thailand or using IDD with a SWIFT routing to your Thailand

ATM DEBIT card account...   

SSA-1199-OP107 - ssa-1199-op107.pdf