Long stay Travel Insurance....6 months (or alternate suggestions greatly received)

Chivas

Wasn't sure what sub section to put this in probably finance section would do better but will put it here for now

I'm running up against same problem over 6 months coverage....plenty of overall providers no problem with that but am not getting the opportunity to knock out certain coverage that I absolutely dont need

For example baggage loss, missed departure or cancellation or similar (you get the drift I'm sure)

Again the lowest medical coverage is showing at £4 million again...... 99.9% bonkers for Thailand as I'm sure most agree.

I cant find a company that does tailor made packages. They certainly existed 20 years ago as I used one out of London back then which did solely medical as an option and nothing else

Any suggestions guys.....I'm quoting out of the UK and Thailand only as a destination

Thanks....

Edited by Chivas

14 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Again the lowest medical coverage is showing at £4 million again...... 99.9% bonkers for Thailand as I'm sure most agree

FYI, re this if you're saying this is too high, you may need to think again.

Staysure(https://www.staysure.co.uk/) - the largest UK travel insurance company now brackets Thailand in with the U.S. in it's top tier for costs.

You used to have worldwide excl - USA(&a few Caribbean others), Thailand is now included in that top-tier group.

Next group Worldwide excl' the above ( USA, Thailand..).

Europe..

I didn't understand why, but there must be an insurance cost reason. And the cost to the worldwide premium is quite a large %.

6 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

I am looking for similar. Found safetywing.com

Buy by the month. Its not cheap... age 60-64 is about £100/month with US$250k medical coverage.

I'm looking for something similar too for later in the year.

That seems expensive for what is very small medical coverage. I'd pass on that as it's way too low.

I think most of us are just looking for medical cover - not so much the travel insurance cover.

• Like 1

Out of interest that quote that I was doing wasnt expensive. It was only starting from £320 for the 6 months for a 62 year old clean health

The point I was making is that if I could I'd just have the medical coverage and absolutely nothing else !

If you miss your flight you're an idiot lol

40 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

I am looking for similar. Found safetywing.com

Buy by the month. Its not cheap... age 60-64 is about £100/month with US$250k medical coverage.

Roughly the same (slightly more) than quote I was getting

On 4/15/2022 at 4:23 PM, Pmbkk said:

FYI, re this if you're saying this is too high, you may need to think again.

Staysure(https://www.staysure.co.uk/) - the largest UK travel insurance company now brackets Thailand in with the U.S. in it's top tier for costs.

You used to have worldwide excl - USA(&a few Caribbean others), Thailand is now included in that top-tier group.

Next group Worldwide excl' the above ( USA, Thailand..).

Europe..

I didn't understand why, but there must be an insurance cost reason. And the cost to the worldwide premium is quite a large %.

pmbkk and others
YeS there are very high premiums indeed but just in passing someone who resides in Indonesia and not Indonesian but just recently the Government stating all members can have cover for 6 months and much longer term with their Indonesian family and in his 80's and quoted as 27 pounds a month but of course the likelihood  of this in Thailand is still a distant dream.
My Thai Family have tried several times to put me on their policy without success and yes we provide most of the finance and also many other things and even if a same small policy with the same company would be sky high and yes a sort of reserve in place.