The powers that be will meet tomorrow

ezzra

On the news yesterday, the powers that be will meet tomorrow 9.30 am to decide whether to ease the entry rules into Thailand

or leave them as is, my money is on the positive outcome whereby they will do away with most if not all hurdles

and cumbersome steps to visit Thailand...

And the odds on them removing test on arrival are not good.

Whatever they do it is probably too late to save yet another year. Too much adverse publicity and the majority of those prepared to take long haul flights will choose other destinations.

Edited by Thailand
  • Like 2

already from today they have extended thailand pass entry to 7 days prior and after date.

But the ATK will still require hotel booking (at least in bangkok) - they are not able to organise ATK's at the airport itself, too many people. However, smaller and less busy airports might do it there and then 

It will be interesting for sure. Thailand is not alone in keeping some restrictions - other countries have a "Thailand Pass" type of pre-entry form as well. I'm sure the test on arrival will remain in some form, and that makes sense to me. I'm planning a trip in June and I'm not expecting substantial relaxation of the rules before then.

On 4/18/2022 at 11:20 PM, AgMech Cowboy said:

They need to stop all the <deleted> at the airport. Loading you on buses to take you to the F concourse so you can walk all the way to the Immigration booth. STUPID!!

It's been convoluted from the start and attempting to disguise their tomfoolery with upgrades, revisions and fix-it measures is pathetic at best. 

The thread is from Monday.

I read that tomorrow (Thursday April 21) the Department of Disease Control will meet.

They give proposals based on expert/medical assessment.

On Friday(!) "the powers that be" (CCSA) will meet. Led by big wise man Mr. P.

Cross your fingers that they do not again use the sledgehammer to crash any hope for easing of rules.