Air Conditioning

sgunn65

I need to buy 2 1800btu a/c units. I am told that Mitsibushi is the best and the quietest available. I am also told that they are 36,000baht each fully fitted. Since I am doing this from the Uk I would appreciate some help.

Does anyone know where I can buy them cheaper? (Bangkok/Korat)

Are they the quietest?

As always thanks for the help

The new Mitsubishi models are indeed very quiet. As for the price, I am not sure what it should be - I have 2 Mitsubishi Mr. Slim 12,500 BTU units myself.

They were 19,000 baht each (bought in Chiang Mai), including delivery and installation.

do you need 18000btus as they do tend to be exspensive ,once you have installed the air you get used to the buzz almost straight away :o

I need to buy 2 1800btu a/c units. I am told that Mitsibushi is the best and the quietest available. I am also told that they are 36,000baht each fully fitted.

the one who told you must be getting a nice commission :o

The new Mitsubishi models are indeed very quiet. As for the price, I am not sure what it should be - I have 2 Mitsubishi Mr. Slim 12,500 BTU units myself.

They were 19,000 baht each (bought in Chiang Mai), including delivery and installation.

do you need 18000btus as they do tend to be exspensive ,once you have installed the air you get used to the buzz almost straight away :o

Agreed, I have the same model as meadish and find it fairly quiet and robust. The price was about the same in my central Thai location, I also have Daikin air-cons fitted but although more economical are not as robust, nor as quiet as the mitsubishi on "eco mode". unless you live in a palatial residence or are talking large rooms such as the living room etc, then 1300 BTU should suffice.

Hi

The 2 rooms are both 5 metres by 6 metres. One is a bedroom and the other a living room so I want quiet and efficient and have been told 18,000 is the unit needed but they seem to be three times the price of the 9,000.

The 2 rooms are both 5 metres by 6 metres. One is a bedroom and the other a living room so I want quiet and efficient and have been told 18,000 is the unit needed but they seem to be three times the price of the 9,000.

how long does it take to realize that you are taken for a ride??? :o

I think you have to consider 2 things:

- the compressor, which is installed outside, somewhere near your room. But it's up to you, where you

want to put it. These compressors do make some noise, so choose carefully the location.

- the in-room unit, usually they hang it on the ceiling. I also use Mistubishi and it's quiet indeed, but not

significantly better than National or Sanjo Denki.

I use a combination of a ceiling fan and an air-con set at a moderate temperature (27 C), because electricity is rather expensive here in Thailand.