just trying to ring my local DLT and emailed them

jwest10

I have an appointment on 10th May and just want to find out if the medical certificate can be dated week starting 25th April or 2nd May and think it must be within 30 days.
Can anyone confirm this and what happens if one can not make the appointment and in April it was a 5 week wait
Thanks all re Drivers license 5 year renewal.

24 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Can anyone confirm this

That's the rule I know. Max 30 days one month old

ORIGINAL MEDICAL CERTIFICATE (5 DISEASES FORM) FROM CLINIC OR HOSPITAL (VALID FOR 1 MONTH)

https://www.dlt.go.th/en/renew-license/

(don't bother about temporary or other, same rules)

Edited by KhunBENQ

Google translate of the Thai language text:

Medical certificate showing that The applicant does not have any underlying medical conditions that may be dangerous while driving. and not being a person of unsound mind or mental disorder which can be used as specified by the certifying physician but must be issued no more than 1 month before the date of submission of the application in  the form prescribed by the Medical Council  (--> Sample Thai medical certificate <--)

https://www.dlt.go.th/th/car-license/view.php?_did=95

BTW the form has 5 self-declaration statements (one of them about epilepsy). I am sure they will do the "no" check-marks for you :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ

25 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

That's the rule I know. Max 30 days one month old

https://www.dlt.go.th/en/renew-license/

(don't bother about temporary or other, same rules)

Thank you once again Khun BENQ

Yes thought it was one month so if my appointment on 10th May if I get this  week starting 25th April ore 2 May this would be fine, right?
Thanks again and yes when I eventually got my date at least 5 weeks down the line but difficult if have to cancel because of covit etc.

21 hours ago, jwest10 said:

Thank you once again Khun BENQ

Yes thought it was one month so if my appointment on 10th May if I get this  week starting 25th April ore 2 May this would be fine, right?
Thanks again and yes when I eventually got my date at least 5 weeks down the line but difficult if have to cancel because of covit etc.

Khun BenQ

Thanks again for all of your help and have seen this about month and yes  the medical certificate can not be more than before this date and my booking appointment is 10Th May so getting the certificate dated in the week starting 25th April or 2nd May is ok .
Thanks again and enjoy your posts on other subjects too

When I did my medical check last year, nurse took my blood pressure.

Sir, too high. Go out and wait.
5 minutes later: Sir, we try again. Too high.

Go out and wait for Dr.

10 min later, Dr called and measured my BP. Very good. Documents signed and off I went.555