Annoying non-stop sending of statements from CapitalOne UK

Minor point, but I have no way of stopping these statements being posted to me (with the credit card number printed in FULL so I have to shred them) despite repeated requests going back years. So, I rang their telephone banking service and got my postal address changed - to their head office in Nottingham. Of course their (off-shore) operator had no idea - I even asked him if I could put 10 Downing Street down as my address and he said "sure, why not?" ???? 

• Like 2

Is this a Capital One Mastercard? If so I have one and have been paperless with them for more years than I remember. Strange you have the issue as I thought most financial institutions were trying to get us to go paperless.

I think you can turn paper statements off and on on the online portal (I can't use the app)?

Also the secure messaging has worked for me in the past.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 5:10 PM, nglodnig said:

Of course their (off-shore) operator had no idea - I even asked him if I could put 10 Downing Street down as my address and he said "sure, why not?"

Careful. That would almost certainly result in some fraudulent charges on your card...

• Haha 1

Update - after sending them so-called "secure messages" which are scanned by a bot and a bland answer posted back - phoned their number, ask the "off-shore" rep who just googles what you say and reads back the answer to "escalate" - talked to someone in the UK.

I explained what I did and asked for a confirming email. Technically it's against the terms and conditions but I have been asking this for FOUR YEARS now and was a right pain when my address was in Thailand, useless statements arrived by registered post. Sure, they could cancel my card but as I owe them (quite a lot) of money from balance transfers at a lower interest rate (which is ALL I use the card for) - what are they going to do? Send the baliffs round to their head office?

On 4/22/2022 at 12:14 PM, topt said:

Is this a Capital One Mastercard? If so I have one and have been paperless with them for more years than I remember. Strange you have the issue as I thought most financial institutions were trying to get us to go paperless.

I think you can turn paper statements off and on on the online portal (I can't use the app)?

Also the secure messaging has worked for me in the past.

Yes it's Capital One mastrcard. Apparently because I have had my card so long my account is of the"old" type - it can't be changed to paperless. Seems like major rocket science to them (I first asked for it four years ago) or most probably they can't be bothered, it;s not a priority.

The responses I get from "secure messaging" seem to have been answered (mostly) by a bot.