Thailand grapples with old trouble presenting itself in new era

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Reporters being tumultuously curious about Jurin Laksanavisit’s and the Democrat Party’s future tells a lot about where the country is heading when sexual harassment and domestic violence are concerned.

Well, as far as I can tell, nothing has changed in Thailand in this regard over the past 25 years (or longer).

Edited by StayinThailand2much

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Reporters being tumultuously curious about Jurin Laksanavisit’s and the Democrat Party’s future tells a lot about where the country is heading when sexual harassment and domestic violence are concerned.

It's heading no-where when people can buy there way out of prosecution or talk their way out of it.

• Like 1

These replies to this post are all stuff and nonsense.  The worst offending seems to go on in the US, UK and Europe. Thailand is no exception to a world wide trend that has been going on for eons.  It would be nice if people on here didn't immediately jump on the 'LOS is worse than anywhere else' bandwagon.  I truly wonder why they have anything to do with this country if they hate it, its politics ( nothing to do with them)  and its people so much. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Well, as far as I can tell, nothing has changed in Thailand in this regard over the past 25 years (or longer).

not in 800 years since they arrived here from China in fact or before that. …. Just not a modern people and incapable of change in any regard..

• Like 1

As the place is run mainly by old fat men who through vanity dye their hair black on a regular basis and have the intellect of a Muppet, not alot will change.

Oh. And you also have to be in the army and a corrupt billionaire to boot.