Volunteer Visa in Pattaya - Possible? Agent? Fees?

12 minutes ago, ViajeroLA said:

I am afraid this isn't possible RN anywhere in TH. If you don't want to actually volunteer XX hours per week I mean. Pls someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree with your take on it.

Also cut paste from friend re that particular "visa". He obtained one year plus ago.

OP, clearly your under 50.

You could look into visa based on study language..

an experienced singapore lawyer in bkk told me to continue applying for covid extensions at least 10 days prior to end, and when they wont do that come to bkk and he will do a medical extension or similar to get me thru to dec.  

he explained the volunteer visa was a scam roght from the top as it doesnt even derive from immigration or the department of business as the work visa does.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

I agree with your take on it.

Also cut paste from friend re that particular "visa".

OP, clearly your under 50.

You could look into visa based on study language..

an experienced singapore lawyer in bkk told me to continue applying for covid extensions at least 10 days prior to end, and when they wont do that come to bkk and he will do a medical extension or similar to get me thru to dec.  

he explained the volunteer visa was a scam roght from the top as it doesnt even derive from immigration or the department of business as the work visa does.

Yes, I am still under 50.

I did ED visa pre-covid, the embassy in Laos rejected it for the second year, not just for me but for others as well ("you study Thai too much." No language test, dismissed by default, no visa.)

2 minutes ago, BacktoPattaya said:

Yes, I am still under 50.

I did ED visa pre-covid, the embassy in Laos rejected it for the second year, not just for me but for others as well ("you study Thai too much." No language test, dismissed by default, no visa.)

There have been some reports of people getting refused entry into Thailand when arriving on visa exempt , those who previously  spent a lot of time in Thailand on Covid extensions 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BacktoPattaya said:

Yes, I am still under 50

I would suggest you obtain a METV.

The land borders will open prior to your need to exit and reenter.

That in itself would give you 9 months and with couple of border bounce and visa exempt entries + 30 day extensions would have you covered for year +

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I would suggest you obtain a METV.

The land borders will open prior to your need to exit and reenter.

That in itself would give you 9 months and with couple of border bounce and visa exempt entries + 30 day extensions would have you covered for year +

Yah, thanks. That was my Plan B.

10 minutes ago, BacktoPattaya said:

It sounds funny. May be get an METV or Elite if you want to continue to live in Thailand and I assume you have accumulated enough fund working remotely or already have enough fund.

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

2 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

It sounds funny. May be get an METV or Elite if you want to continue to live in Thailand and I assume you have accumulated enough fund working remotely or already have enough fund.

Yah! It's really, really funny when they are giving back a pile of rejected visas / passports. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BacktoPattaya said:

Yah! It's really, really funny when they are giving back a pile of rejected visas / passports. 

Haven't seen any reports of visas issued with the Red Void stamp.

Pre covid occured at Phnom Penh Thai consulate.

I have not read a similar report recently. 

Begging for visitors but rejecting many simultaneously who are the best customers.  Great policy.

Try an ED visa for Mui Thai maybe?  

Actually, just get in as a tourist, then get the long term visa you want.  (apply prior, don't chance what they say at the airport).  Buddy had to cough up an envelope of 15k this past month when he got here.  But Once you are in, you are in.

While everyone else was getting rejected, my agency got me a 9 month ED visa (now doing 12 month ones) and I didn't have to leave the country.  I've been here 2 years on covid and the now scarlet A volunteer visa.

That's my 2 cents and experience on the topic.

• Like 2