Forgot ToTax Car Last Year

1 hour ago, Swiss1960 said:

We were 3 (three) days late this year and got the same fine...

Do you mean 10% of three days worth or 10% of the annual fee. 

The last time we were a few days late the fee was just a few Baht.

Ah.   I just googled and found this

If you make a late payment and/or send the required document past the deadline, we will not be able to renew your annual tax on time. You will be charged by The Department of Land Transport. The late payment penalty is 1% per month of the car tax.

Edited by PFMills
  • Thanks 1

if your car is still new that it does not require the annual inspection, you can pay for the road tax online and they send the receipt and tax disc(square) to your address.

even if it needs the annual inspection, you can pay online after you have taken the car to the inspection place, not possible if you are out of the country obviously 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, digbeth said:

if your car is still new that it does not require the annual inspection, you can pay for the road tax online and they send the receipt and tax disc(square) to your address.

even if it needs the annual inspection, you can pay online after you have taken the car to the inspection place, not possible if you are out of the country obviously 

Thanks DB, great advice.
It will have it’s 6th & 7th birthday whilst in storage. I think I read somewhere that inspections kick-in after the 5th. Correct?

20 hours ago, digbeth said:

you can pay online 

20 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

There's an App

Downloaded the app but it only works for Thai citizens unfortunately.

So I guess I will just have to pay for 2 years of back-taxes (plus fines) upon returning to the kingdom. So no biggie, hopefully… 

1 hour ago, Nemises said:

Downloaded the app but it only works for Thai citizens unfortunately.

So I guess I will just have to pay for 2 years of back-taxes (plus fines) upon returning to the kingdom. So no biggie, hopefully… 

If the car is less than 7 years old you could just give the blue book to a friend and they can pay the tax for you with the book alone (actually just a copy of the book should be sufficient)

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Nemises said:

Thanks DB, great advice.
It will have it’s 6th & 7th birthday whilst in storage. I think I read somewhere that inspections kick-in after the 5th. Correct?

No, after seven years, five for a motorcycle

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 6:28 PM, Nemises said:

Thanks DB, great advice.

NO AFTER 7 YEARS of age vehicle needs an inspection.......

On 5/2/2022 at 4:44 PM, Nemises said:

I’m going overseas for 2 years soon and will be putting the car into storage. Anything I can do before leaving to avoid the fine upon returning? 

Get someone to renew the tax and insurance for you before your return. Probably need some paperwork from you but I am sure it can be done

Just now, Photoguy21 said:

Get someone to renew the tax and insurance for you before your return. Probably need some paperwork from you but I am sure it can be done

Might make sense to talk to his insurance agent. 

• Like 1