Police Clearance Certificate

My husband (Thai citizen) is applying for a visa to Canada. He needs to obtain a Police Clearance Certificate. In the application guide we have it says you are to send your visa application first, and the high commission will give you further instructions, but twice I was told by people at the embassy in Bangkok that he should go ahead and apply anyways and send both (the application and certificate) at the same time. Can someone who has done this before please tell me what you did?

I am also wondering if he has to apply in person, or if it is possible to do so by mail?

I hope someone out there has an answer for me! Thank you!

My husband (Thai citizen) is applying for a visa to Canada. He needs to obtain a Police Clearance Certificate. In the application guide we have it says you are to send your visa application first, and the high commission will give you further instructions, but twice I was told by people at the embassy in Bangkok that he should go ahead and apply anyways and send both (the application and certificate) at the same time. Can someone who has done this before please tell me what you did?

I am also wondering if he has to apply in person, or if it is possible to do so by mail?

I hope someone out there has an answer for me! Thank you!

hi,

dont know how it works at the canadian embassy but as a rough guide i would say that if its a tourist visa he is applying for generally these are sorted out quickly as oppossed to a permanent stay visa which usually takes longer and more info is usually required, so in a effort to speed i up your visa visa application i would include the police cert clearance as they are usually valid for 6 to 12 months from date of issue, depending on canadian embassy regulations.

also i think he will have to apply in person in thailand as i have never heard of the thai police doing clearance certificates any other way. i think they can be done at any major police station in the country, but it may take longer if in a regional area.

certainly my wifes cert to travel to oz was done quickly as we forked out a few thousand baht extra to have it done asap but this was 6 years ago and i have heard that this practice of greasing the palms has faded out recently