Lufthansa airline and the covid jab

11 minutes ago, rocky123 said:

My thai mrs and daughter are due to fly from bkk to Birmingham uk.

They are not injected. Will they be ok to travel without the jab ?

Just to be sure: change plane in Frankfurt (transit)? Both legs on Lufthansa?

• Thanks 1

I am just fighting through the highly complicated rules for entry/transit to Germany.

One thing seems clear: non vaccinated will have to show a Covid 19 test certificate for a test not older than 48 hours(!) before entry/transit. The rules say explicitely that this also applies for transit.

For Thailand an antigen (ATK) test with certificate seems sufficient.

Don't ask me about entry to the UK.

Maybe another poster can tell.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I read it a few times, it seems if over 12 you need to be vaccinated as well, hopefully i mis read it, on the link there is a webchat box

https://www.lufthansa.com/gb/en/flight-information?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAjw9-KTBhBcEiwAr19ig6mQiJW-P16vTcGCFFzX0wZMOA0--WffAwlhafnS1IoOoleCQvwYzRoCHpgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&xctg=1630&et_uk=275c0383422743a09fb2db00dd931ed4

Edited by howerde
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2022 at 3:41 PM, KhunBENQ said:

I am just fighting through the highly complicated rules for entry/transit to Germany.

One thing seems clear: non vaccinated will have to show a Covid 19 test certificate for a test not older than 48 hours(!) before entry/transit. The rules say explicitely that this also applies for transit.

For Thailand an antigen (ATK) test with certificate seems sufficient.

Don't ask me about entry to the UK.

Maybe another poster can tell.

I hope they would not why would any country want to let unvaccinated aliens in ??

Edited by LoeiI
  • Sad 1

Transit rules can be tricky, although the OP doesn't say if they are transiting

I'm an airline supervisor for Delta. I just spent a crazy amount of time with a counter agent trying to decipher the rules and documentation for a tour group going to Oslo transiting through AMS. 

We read through the rules over and over and every time you could interpret it a different way. 

Multiple uses of AND and OR littered the instructions. I ended up just printing off every 'declaration' I could find on the NL Government website.

Get them vaccinated then scour the relevant airline and collect as much paper as you can.

And think about this.

The counter agent when you check in is responsible for ensuring that the passenger has the correct documentation for the destination, and/or transit point,  before they can issue a boarding pass!

So do as much homework as you can

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1