COVID-19 - May 11: Thailand reports 7,650 new coronavirus cases, 9,322 recoveries, 56 deaths

webfact

image.png

Graphic: ASEAN NOW

Thailand on Wednesday (May 11) reported 7,650 new COVID-19 cases, 9,322 recoveries and 56 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Wednesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 4,345,218 with 29,252 deaths.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Why on earth do they still publish these figures?  Everyone knows they are not real.

My doctor said to me that you can multiply these figures by 10 to get a more accurate picture.

At least the death rates seem to be low. That is a good thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Partenavia said:

This is just complete and utter twaddle. Covid is rife everywhere in the countryside, the residue of Sonkran which was brought to the villages everywhere. This is not just speculation, it's fact.

So it would seem.... but people are not reporting infections or authorities are deliberately falsifying the numbers. They have decided no appreciable Songkran fallout will be reported, which common sense tells us is unlikely. Still, I hope this is the last wave goodbye from Covid.