Expat says Don't Come to the Philippines

24 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Nice touch of authenticity with the rooster constantly crowing in the background.

Yup....if you don't like listening to cock a doodle do all the time avoid the Philippines. Very hard to find a place to stay outside the city that is rooster free.

11 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yup....if you don't like listening to cock a doodle do all the time avoid the Philippines. Very hard to find a place to stay outside the city that is rooster free.

And also you have to consider your safety if you choose to stand alone outside a village. I do not feel as safe in Phillippines as I do in Thailand. 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

And also you have to consider your safety if you choose to stand alone outside a village. I do not feel as safe in Phillippines as I do in Thailand. 

I never had a problem, walked all over Manila late at night, everyone very polite.

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I never had a problem, walked all over Manila late at night, everyone very polite.

Thinking of living on farmland outside village. In cities it is statistics available, not in countryside stand alone as foreigner. Never heard anyone live like some of us do here in Thailand. 

Brazil in compare, impossible 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You have been lucky,plenty of places where it is very dangerous .

A lot of robberies over there.