The 10 best restaurants in Hua Hin according to TripAdvisor

webfact

image.jpeg

By Online Reporter

With so many brilliant restaurants in Hua Hin, we’re spoiled for choice.

There really is something for everyone.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

It goes without saying that delicious Thai food can be found all over the city.

Whether you’re in the mood for a good burger, Sunday lunch or authentic Italian food, you will likely find it and much more in Hua Hin.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/food-wine/the-10-best-restaurants-in-hua-hin-according-to-tripadvisor/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-05-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

With so many brilliant restaurants in Hua Hin, we’re spoiled for choice.

Agreed, never had a hi-so hotel meal in Hua Hin... why get ripped off when there are so many very good street vendors.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Actually that makes sense, as the ones outside the resorts are a bit lacking.

I've been to Hua Hin numerous times and found the food and prices outside the resorts to be of very good quality and variation.... far from lacking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I've been to Hua Hin numerous times and found the food and prices outside the resorts to be of very good quality and variation.... far from lacking.

But would the rate as best, for ambiance, service, AC.  Not that I take much stock in anything TA says, but they did look nicer than most place I've visited in HH.   

Not that I would pay what they charge for a meal in the resorts.  As stated, usually overpriced for serving size, unless a buffet.  I wouldn't consider buffets fine dining or a meal with ambiance or quality service, but at least filling.

The resort restaurants are closer to what a nice restaurant in the west would be like.   Best and most popular, or favorite restaurants are going to be different.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Artben said:

And all of the top 10 are in resorts?  Are you serious?

Crazy eh?...They're saying there are no other good restaurants in Hua Hin.....anything to promote the big hotels!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Artben said:

The restaurant rated as number 1 isn't in a resort, it's alongside a supermarket, though eight of the following nine are in hotels.

I was actually looking forward to seeing what they were for my next trip down, but then I saw it was effectively an advert for the big companies. 

Does anyone here live in Hua Hin and has a personal top 10 or top 5 list?

This review was partial to restaurants in the five star hotels. Some of them are good, but nearly all are over priced. Simpler restaurants like Mamma Mia, Dorigo, Flavours, Ogen, Ko Mark, S & S Indian, Restaurant 94, and many others in Hua Hin offer great food for the money. It is a shame there is not a good Japanese restaurant there, but the town has alot of great dining options. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I was actually looking forward to seeing what they were for my next trip down, but then I saw it was effectively an advert for the big companies. 

Does anyone here live in Hua Hin and has a personal top 10 or top 5 list?

I visit quite often, but honestly, don't really hang around for dinner, as I find what's on offer, not very good.  TBH, I haven't really searched any out recently for full dinner experience.  We usually end up eating at BluPort food court, or You Hunt We Cook, in the Gourmet Market, which is actually quite good, though no ambiance.   Along with being a fan of Pizza Co's NY Style pizza, and the Kebab / quesadilla  vendor.  Convenient as we always pop into the mall, for little shopping, when in town, along with no parking issues.

When having our Mazda serviced, on N end of HH, we always popped into 25 Monday, OK coffee and decent food & prices  Link: http://tiny.cc/4foruz

May want to peek at the local "HH forum",  and simply Google that, as not sure if allowed to provide link.  Folks on there, residents, may review something that excites your taste buds.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Artben said:

Actually, only 8 of the 10 are in hotels/resorts. That's probably still too high (IMHO) but as one of the comments points out, that list is:

direct from tripadvisor so the overwhelming [majority of] reviews are from the travelers staying in hotels

Edited by GroveHillWanderer