Which Brand Provides The Best-quality Premium Canned Vegetables Available On The Thailand Market?

Dear Friends,

For over two years, since the virus struck us, back in March 2020, I have been able to consume very few vegetables.  I have, alas, been to far too few restaurants during the past two years, as is probably the case with you, too.

Children often say they don't like vegetables.  Well then, I wish they had been here to enjoy the lack thereof.

But, now that I am old, I need more fiber, and vegetables.  As well, we all realize, beans, peas, and legumes are the best way to get what we need, and what we need is more vegetable fiber. As they say, fiber is good. Beans, beans, they're good for the heart, the more you eat, the more you fart.  This is so true.

Therefore, I have decided to buy a lot of canned things, especially, if I can find it, canned black beans, which I love.  Black bean soup, I would be willing to die for.

My question is this:

Which, in your considered opinions, is the highest quality canner/packer importer/distributor selling to the Thailand market, of canned vegetables?

For example, in the American market, most people have heard of Green Giant brand.

And, for example, there is also the Fiamma Vesuviana brand, named after, I guess, Mount Vesuvius, which seems strange in itself.  However, it seems that this packer from Italy might be quite good.  Anyone know anything about the quality of Fiamma Vesuvianan?  I would definitely buy their products if I had more input, and if I could get their products, in quantity, for a better price...for sure.

I am a person who hates to go shopping.  Also, just as you, I am a person who has found shopping to be rather inconvenient during this pandemic period of time.

In my case, as it might also be in your case, I would find it very convenient if I could discover the best quality brand of canned goods here in Thailand, and then purchase larger quantities of canned goods, about twice per year.  Probably, I might purchase 400 cans, for example, just for my personal consumption, twice per year.  Canned food lasts a long time.

Also, by so doing, I could save on petrol, to and from the market, and I could thereby reduce my carbon footprint.

After all these somewhat extraneous-to-the-topic words, I just have only two questions, really:

AA...  Which two brands, supplied to the Thailand market, are considered to be premium brands offering a variety of canned vegetables, legumes, etc, including tomato sauce, sliced tomatoes, and even canned broccoli, if it might exist.

BB....  Which distributor in Thailand can offer the best price for these products.  (As I mentioned previously, so many times, it seems that the individual cannot buy in bulk, or in quantity, and expect a deep discount.  Maybe this is true.  Maybe this is not true.

In conclusion, I just want to find a way to get what I want and to get it cheap.

Everybody wants the same thing, I think.

I want superior quality canned vegetables, etc.

I want a deep discount if I purchase in higher quantities.

I just do not know how to do this.

No doubt, others are getting deep discounts.  And maybe they can share their experiences.

Thank you and regards,

Globule

• Haha 1

Please Note;  Here in Thailand, during the pandemic, there has always been a surplus of fresh vegetables available, if one were to go to the market, for example, and cook these vegetables, themselves.  However, I am lazy.  And, I was too lazy to venture out to the markets to purchase the surplus of vegetables which were ALWAYS available to anyone (as we all know).

Let there be no confusion about this, please.

This topic is for those who are like me, and wish to pay for canned vegetables, for convenience, or just for personal choice.

Some might even say that canned vegetables, in some cases, might actually provide increased vitamins.  But, only in some cases.  Do your own research, and do not take my word for this, please.  (always do your own research)

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

Don't do canned, except baked beans.  Prefer frozen.   If doing lots of beans, you definitely need a pressure cooker, which we don't have.  Not really a bean fan, wife still buy, sits overnight soaking , and cooks forever.  

I myself rarely eat them.  Frozen brand, don't pay attention, probaby ARO (Makro brand), or whatever is the cheaper.  Not much different when comes to buying frozen veggies.  

• Haha 1

I'm not a lover of tinned vegetables,  with the notable exception of tomatoes. You would be better off buying your beans, pulses, legumes dry rather than canned. Sure you have to put in a bit more effort to make them ready to use but I'm guessing you have a fair bit of time on your hands.
Buy online and have them delivered. Lazada has plenty of choice and the prices are cheap.
  Alternatively, for fresh vegetables find an organic farm in your area. They will probably do deliveries of small quantities, a kilo of this, half a kilo of that etc. by courier, post or direct.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Don't do canned, except baked beans.  Prefer frozen.   If doing lots of beans, you definitely need a pressure cooker, which we don't have.  Not really a bean fan, wife still buy, sits overnight soaking , and cooks forever.  

I myself rarely eat them.  Frozen brand, don't pay attention, probaby ARO (Makro brand), or whatever is the cheaper.  Not much different when comes to buying frozen veggies.  

Likewise with regards to frozen veg. Personal preferences generally run to the brands that are produced in Australia or New Zealand. As part of my former agribusiness holdings I was a grower/ supplier. Given the stringent conditions I had to observe during the the production/harvest/transport process I am a little more comfortable with the product. Usage of herbicides/insecticides/fungicides are strictly governed along with  withholding periods between application and harvest. These conditions further extend to  harvesting transport with time limitations and logging thermometers to ensure quality of product.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

These type of nonsense threads are why I have GG on Ignore.

I usually don't partake, especially when stating 'here in Thailand' when he's not even located in Thailand.

"I would find it very convenient if I could discover the best quality brand of canned goods here in Thailand"

Beside the silly topics he comes up with.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I usually don't partake, especially when stating 'here in Thailand' when he's not even located in Thailand.

"I would find it very convenient if I could discover the best quality brand of canned goods here in Thailand"

Beside the silly topics he comes up with.

Maybe you and I can meet for a Bubble Tea in Thailand, one of these days.

OK?

(Your treat, of course.)

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

On 5/19/2022 at 8:58 AM, VocalNeal said:

These type of nonsense threads are why I have GG on Ignore.

but it's important to say it, right ? feel like a real man when clicking ignore ? So many brave "men" here...

make yourself happy, ignore me now ❤️