Bringing used diamonds/gold jewelry in Thailand

pub2022

Hello,

I have some used jewelry that I own (rings and bracelets in gold and diamonds) and I want to bring them along with me on my next flight from Europe to Thailand.

Do you know if I'm allowed to do so, do I have do declare them or follow some other special procedure?

I'd of course keep them in my hand baggage.

I do not know the exact market value, it should not be more than 20-30k eur, I guess.

Thanks for help

Sort of goes against common sense when traveling overseas, especially to unfamiliar location.  Not saying one shouldn't enjoy wearing the jewelry they own, but does raise your flash level of wealth, and open you to petty theft.

Unless you consider leaving at home even less secure.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Sort of goes against common sense when traveling overseas, especially to unfamiliar location.  Not saying one shouldn't enjoy wearing the jewelry they own, but does raise your flash level of wealth, and open you to petty theft.

Unless you consider leaving at home even less secure.

Thanks for your reply, I understand it.

But I'm talking about law/legal requirements, if there're limits and so on.

I'm a man and I don't wear jewelry at all.

I'm bringing the jewelry to Thailand because I want to give them as gifts to my gf (soon wife to come).

There probably is, law/tax, but I would simply put them in my pocket, and don't declare them.  If, and rare, they do a spot check, it will be your luggage, not your person.

• Like 1