Jump to content

"Close friend" shoots buddy dead over drinks in southern Thailand


Recommended Posts

image.jpeg

Picture: Thai Rath

 

Thai Rath reported that a man fired five shots at a close friend during a drinking party outside a townhouse in Pak Phraek sub-district of Nakhon Sri Thammarat, southern Thailand, last night. 

 

Winai Paeklang, 40, from Korat, had wounds to his face, shoulder and back and was pronounced dead in hospital.

 

The shooter is a man called Nonthachai Petchyoi, 30, who fled the scene in an unspecified vehicle and remains at large.

 

Thung Song police found blood at the scene and evidence of multiple shots from a 9 mm firearm.

 

The media reported that around five people had been drinking heavily when an argument broke out between the "close friends".

 

Others at the party ran in all directions before helping their friend to hospital. 

 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-20

 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, webfact said:

reported that a man fired five shots at a close friend during a drinking party outside a townhouse in Pak Phraek sub-district of Nakhon Sri Thammarat, southern Thailand, last night

As one does?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We lived in the south for many years. Alot of hot headed people down there. This guy was NOT a close friend. Not sure what world he comes from, but in my world close friends do not kill each other. 

 

With friends like that, who needs enemies? What can one even say? 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The media reported that around five people had been drinking heavily when an argument broke out between the "close friends".

Obviously not that close. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one. Daily event...whackjob Thai guys murdering anyone and everyone. No one is exempt from their brutal violence and murderous ways. BEWARE. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Again. Yet another confirmation of why I never drink with or around 'local' Thais. Some hi-so Thai friends yes, cause so far they seem to not turn into crazed gun wielding terrors.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one, we read the same story every week or so it seems, I try not to get too close to Thai people, simply because I don't want to be a statistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2022 at 10:06 AM, Tropposurfer said:

Again. Yet another confirmation of why I never drink with or around 'local' Thais. Some hi-so Thai friends yes, cause so far they seem to not turn into crazed gun wielding terrors.

Assuming you wouldn't do anything to provoke them and have an understanding of how to behave in their company..... why would you be afraid of drinking around locals?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

aha ..... another close friend or drinking buddy dead  '   such a warped and strange society.  imo ....   unbelievable at some of the things they do  !!

Edited by steven100
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2022 at 3:29 PM, Skeptic7 said:

Daily event

Someone being killed in a country of 70 million.

 

How bizarre. 🙄 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2022 at 8:29 PM, Skeptic7 said:

Another one. Daily event...whackjob Thai guys murdering anyone and everyone. No one is exempt from their brutal violence and murderous ways. BEWARE. 

Hope you're not American. 😜😎🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2022 at 2:55 PM, Homburg said:

Take Thai men, guns and booze and mix together.  Recipe for disaster.

Thai men bashing again. Jeez

 

What do you think they were arguing about: a women. I guarantee it. A low-life, classless, good-for-nothing woman, who dropped her skants for the guy's pal, of course.

 

Unpopular opinion, I know.

Edited by 2009
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2022 at 3:15 PM, spidermike007 said:

We lived in the south for many years. Alot of hot headed people down there. This guy was NOT a close friend. Not sure what world he comes from, but in my world close friends do not kill each other.

Do they even have the concept of a close friend in Thailand?  I always figured friends were a little bit easy come, easy go in Thailand.  Kind of friends with everyone so close friends with no one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...