need Chiang Mai lawyer familiar with leases, tenant's rights, and responsibilities for termite damages

orang37

Really appreciate your advice !  The house I rent was sold 2 years ago, It had a termite problem then, and I'm surprised the bank inspection didn't stop the sale. Recently the termites have gotten dramatically worse.

I am afraid the new landlord may try to stick me with a very expensive repair bill. I have a 1 year lease, currently. I'll have to get the lease translated into English, but, I* doubt there's anything in there about termites.

thanks !  ~o:37;

Document the termite infestation with photos and show them to the owner and ask him to sort it.   

I'm surprised that you didn't have anything done about the termites two years ago if you were aware of the problem then.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

Structural damage you did not cause ,is the responsibility of

the Landlord,  you have informed him of the Termite problem  ?,

maybe you need to do it in writing ,so you have copy , 

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm surprised that you didn't have anything done about the termites two years ago if you were aware of the problem then.

Yes two years is along time to let them munch away if that is what happened.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Structural damage you did not cause ,is the responsibility of

the Landlord

How can you know without knowing what the lease says?  How do you know the damage is structural?

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Not you problem regarding repair.

Can you know that without having the details of the lease terms?  Perhaps the lease has a clause that states all repairs including structural and termite are the tenant's responsibility.  Not very common but possible.

• Like 1

Just now, Dante99 said:

How can you know without knowing what the lease says?  How do you know the damage is structural?

Can you know that without having the details of the lease terms?  Perhaps the lease has a clause that states all repairs including structural and termite are the tenant's responsibility.  Not very common but possible.

Well  hope Orang37 did not sign a lease where he is responsible for the whole house , I don't

believe anyone would sign a lease like that , anyway he is jumping the gun, talking about

lawyers , he needs to get the Landlord to come in and see the damage , and see what he

intends to do about it, something needs to be done before they start eating Orang37 's

property.

We have been renting property out here for many years , if only I could get someone to

sign a lease where they are responsible for everything ...........???? 

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Well  hope Orang37 did not sign a lease where he is responsible for the whole house , I don't

believe anyone would sign a lease like that ,

Since he is looking to get the lease translated it appears he does not know what he signed.  So we can hope but…

• Like 1

I have had occasion to consult with Mr Pichai Ponpai, who works in the legal office of Ms Sumalee Jennapa, I would say he's definitely experienced with leases and tenant's rights. His rate was 6000/hour if I remember correctly. They are in the Santitham area, easy to google.

• Like 1