Electrical worker grievously injured after being electrocuted and falling three meters from repair basket

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that an electrical engineer with the Betong electrical authority in the far south of Thailand was taken to hospital unconscious after falling three meters from a basket atop a crane.

Rescue services were called to Rattanakit Road, Soi 4, in Muang Betong, Yala province, where Rusalan, 26, was unconscious and bloodied following the fall.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Colleagues said that he had been electrocuted while making repairs. 

He was taken to hospital after the incident at 7.30 pm last night. 

Thai Rath did not report on his latest condition. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 2

When I was a boy, electrocuted meant "Killed by electric shock".  (See Cambridge Dictionary)  Obviously the definition has changed (probably by Americans) since then to include injury. (See Merriam-Webster Dictionary)  Two nations separated by a common language! ???? Just saying ???? 

• Like 2

Shocking story, playing with live wires never ends well.

When I was very young both my elderly neighbours died through electrocution.

The old guy went up a ladder to fix wiring in the loft, half-way up the ladder he did something wrong and perished.

The missus kept calling him to come for lunch.

Eventually she went up and tugged his leg, that was the last thing she did too.

That stayed in my memory for life.

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Shocking story, playing with live wires never ends well.

When I was very young both my elderly neighbours died through electrocution.

The old guy went up a ladder to fix wiring in the loft, half-way up the ladder he did something wrong and perished.

The missus kept calling him to come for lunch.

Eventually she went up and tugged his leg, that was the last thing she did too.

That stayed in my memory for life.

Yep never go up a ladder when somebody else  is already on it , basic safety rules.

• Like 1

Now thats gotta hurt mate. Half fried, then falling too.

Gotta be one of the most dangerous of many dangerous occupations in LOS.

Rule one: Never play with electricity, Rule two: Don't forget rule one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Now thats gotta hurt mate. Half fried, then falling too.

Gotta be one of the most dangerous of many dangerous occupations in LOS.

Rule one: Never play with electricity, Rule two: Don't forget rule one. 

Happen everywhere ,below is from my hone state yesterday.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/national-grid-worker-injured-at-work-site-3-medford-police-officers-also-taken-to-hospital/2731489/#:~:text=The 35-year-old man,where he was pronounced dead.

I'm not sure if these cable guys are fully sane for doing what they do - working on live wires.  A couple of years ago (in the UK) the underground supply to my home failed on a joint in the road outside.  The cable jointing team arrived, dug a trench and started to repair the joint.  Whilst watching them I saw the cables spark and asked them why they were carrying out the repair whilst the cable was live - I was told it was normal pratcice.

The 2 young lads showed me a video of themselves working on a high voltage undergound cable with sparks going everywhere - even from themselves to ground,  I asked them how often they get a shock - every day they replied.

Bonkers!!!