Phuket Sandbox generated at least 66 billion baht in ten months, says Phuket Governor

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Phuket Sandbox has generated at least 66 billion baht so far while the island’s unemployment rate is decreasing, says a top Phuket official.

Fingers must have been burning.

calculator-fire-image-flames-against-black-background-33385392.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jerno said:

Gov't officials sure like to throw out big numbers as if to try to impress the population.  Billion this, billion that....how impressive.   How about reporting how Thai military Generals and other Government officials become millionaires and billionaires solely on their salaries.

Rich wives?????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

This guy looks about as genuine a tourist to Thailand as does most expats with wives and children that were waiting for nonsense restrictions to end to return. Guys probably still here after a year.

Didn't you know, we're all classified as tourists for life... [sometimes aliens] for the long haul expat.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Didn't you know, we're all classified as tourists for life... [sometimes aliens] for the long haul expat.

Truer words were never spoken.  Yep, once I f-i-n-a-l-l-y came to that horrible realization some years ago (post-May 2014 heinous event), my expat perspective of the Land of Smiles changed forever.   Thai-ness suddenly wasn't just a cute idiosyncrasy.  Now I see it as ultra-nationalism, the rapidly growing cancer that is ruining Thailand under continuing military rule.

• Like 1