PR book endorsement after Covid takes two days

Just been to Immigration at Chaengwattana to get my PR book endorsed and a multiple re-entry permit in my passport to allow me to travel abroad again after Covid (I haven’t been to Immigration since 2019). Instead of waiting the usual two hours to get everything done, it turns out I have to get the previous endorsement (which expired in 2020) cancelled before the new endorsement and multiple re-entry permit are granted. This apparently can’t be done while you wait and I have to go back in two days to collect my PR book and passport, duly stamped. Oh, and you need an extra photo as well.

Edited by thaiowl

There were some recent comments including the following on Camerata's Guide............:

'Interesting confusion getting my re-entry permit the other day. I had one just before covid kicked in and cancelled my trip so I ended up not leaving the country on my previous one at all.

Just for a moment I thought they may refund the unused one but no had to pay extra to get it stamped as used before paying for new one.

Worth bearing in mind if you are getting a re-entry permit, you need to use it or it will cost you again to cancel it even though its out of date.'

2 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

There were some recent comments including the following on Camerata's Guide............:

'Interesting confusion getting my re-entry permit the other day. I had one just before covid kicked in and cancelled my trip so I ended up not leaving the country on my previous one at all.

Just for a moment I thought they may refund the unused one but no had to pay extra to get it stamped as used before paying for new one.

Worth bearing in mind if you are getting a re-entry permit, you need to use it or it will cost you again to cancel it even though its out of date.'

Ah good point. I got my last endorsement in Dec 2019, just before Covid hit. So I never went abroad using that endorsement...maybe that's why they have to cancel it because I never used it.