Earthquake 12.08 Pm Cm

PeaceBlondie

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah , felt a good ol' banger out here in Sansai ! Could hear it coming first like thunder ! Maybe I am part dog ! lol

I thought it was thunder until the house got a nice little wriggle on.Just changed my trou... :o

2 mins ago.Really gave the house a jolly old shake.Anybody feel it?

Out in the Wilds of San Kamphaeng it gave the factory a bit of a shake up and the house of straw fell over, the house of sticks has a small amount of structural damage, but the house of bricks is ok.

CB

any reasons for these frequent quakes?? its getting scary. been 6 years and this few months have been the tops.

checking the house insurance policy to see if EQ are covered would be a good idea right now

Not so cool when ur on the 10th floor and the building is shaking

Scared the shit out of me.

Magnitude of earthquakes is marked by duration amongst other things. This one lasted maybe 1-2 seconds. If you have comcern about earthquakes in this region, I seriously suggest you make a plan for what you would do if a more serious quake were to occur.

Nice rattle. Distinctly different from the last one which felt like a smooth wave - this one was choppier and had sound effects too. :o

It's those smooth wave ones (if prolonged) that do the most damage. I was in a 7.4 quake once (15 miles from epicenter) that lasted about a minute and felt like a jackhammer. It caused almost no damage , save for clearing a few grocery shelves.

Not so cool when ur on the 10th floor and the building is shaking

Scared the shit out of me.

Magnitude of earthquakes is marked by duration amongst other things. This one lasted maybe 1-2 seconds. If you have comcern about earthquakes in this region, I seriously suggest you make a plan for what you would do if a more serious quake were to occur.

another reason we were glad to move out from the Royal Lanna at 18th floors up :o

its just been on the Thai news...i couldnt understand much but they were talking about 45 meters...depth maybe?

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/earthquake_report.php

แผ่นดินไหวขนาดเล็ก

Richter Magnitude : 4.5

Region : อ.แม่ริม จ.เชียงใหม่ (that is Mae Rim, Chiang Mai)

Date : Jun 19, 2007 12:06

Latitude : 18° 6' 6" N

Longitude : 99° 0' 0" E

Depth : km.

Edited by Nienke

At least you folks living in that area are aware of the real possibility of an earthquake and can make evacuation plans. My wife and I were asleep in our home in Phuket the morning of the Tsunami. A couple hours before the waves hit the bed was rocking and I drowsily asked her if she was kicking the bed. Both of us just snoozed on, never imagining what would strike soon. Mistake. We later were lucky to escape serious damage as we ran and swam for our lives.

Lannarebirth is right. Be ready.