Closing Thai Company with Assets

Bit of a background, Thai company created years ago, main investments came from overseas main company, company was a research vehicle (not orientated towards generating a profit, but R&D).

Company ceased activity early covid (closed down, paid off all staff - full amounts - eye watering), as we see where Prayut was going with the economy).

As it stands the Thai company has had 1m$ invested over many years, currently has on paper roughly 4m THB paid up capital (assets), true value is volatile, should be higher but the economy.

Accounting was done internally, externally, and reports monthly signed off by external accountant.

Main corporation (external of Thailand) was rolled down and as sums owed to me roughly 2m$ but a fraction paid, Understood assets of Thai company can just be transferred to me as loans, investments in thai company directly came from main corporation wholly owned by myself.

Accountant just said assets need to be sold and VAT paid (we had a huge credit there at one point that has been written off by paying staff remaining to do nothing to wind the company down). 

I don't really want to involve lawyers when the VAT is likely 200-800k THB if assets sold, seems pointless knowing our lawyers cost 150-500k.

Has anyone got any experience in a similar position, and what did you do?

Way i see it, assets should be transferred to the company abroad, then me as its debt/liability as loans/investments.

Then i can sell them if i want or just sit on incase a new venture turns up when the economy is in a better shape.

Or can the company be transferred/sold for nominal figure and assets written off as debt/liabilities during that process.

Or ?

Nature of assets is depreciation of 70% (server hardware, computer systems etc).