We're not ripping off foreigners or Thais, says trader - Sea Snails costing more than Lobster!

webfact

41 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I never eat snails..... not mussels... I would have prefered the lobster instead

Ok, thanks for sharing. By the way, what do you think about the price? I think it was totally fair.

8 hours ago, chuang said:

Ask for the price before ordering if you are not sure...not everything in Thailand is a ripped-off or a scam or double pricing.....

Scam? went to money exchange on Sukhumvit today, exchange rate for old US$ notes less than for new notes. Welcome to Thailand LOSca.... 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

"We don't take advantage of foreigners or Thais here," she said. "The price is all the same. If you're not sure about what you're buying just ask". 

Again....  the same underlying cause for so many issues here....  Both parties failing to communicate...

How hard is it for the restaurant to tell them, these are the more expensive snails ?

And how hard is it for the customer to ask, how much will the plate of snails be ?

I’m so used to these types of places being prepared to rip a person off we can ask how much is it, for each individual item...  from the fish to the rice when they ask... do you want XL crab fried rice ? (and then find out they want to charge 500 baht for it etc !!)... 

use google.  tripadvisor  rip-off  bangkok  seafood,  etc....

It's comical.  Tuk Tuk takes customer to seafood place.  old food, bill is 10,000 baht.  must pay!!!!!  

Even if the price is listed, they change it and there's never anything the falang right off the plane can do.