Shipping items to your local post office instead of your home address?

Leveraged

Not sure where to put this, but as the title states - can you ship items from Shopee/Lazada to your local post office instead of your home address? 

I’ve got some things I want to buy for my wife and daughter that I want to keep as a surprise, so I don’t want it shipped to the house. 

Is this something that’s possible/common?

Do I just put the post office address as the shipping address with my name and watch the tracking to see when it arrives? 

Thanks for any assistance. 

It's not possible to the post office because most if not all sellers will use courier services (Kerry, Flash Express, J&T Express) which do not deliver to post office.

So if the dealer does not offer EMS shipment it will not work.

I know from experience because long ago I had a shipment to post office which worked at the time. Some two/three years later I tried again at the same company and they called back to get my home address after switchnig to a courier service.

BUT: as far as I know the courier have their own system of storing for pickup at their distribution points. Can't help how to handle/arrange such a self pickup.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

It's not possible to the post office because most if not all sellers will use courier services (Kerry, Flash Express, J&T Express) which do not deliver to post office.

So if the dealer does not offer EMS shipment it will not work.

I know from experience because long ago I had a shipment to post office which worked at the time. Some two/three years later I tried again at the same company and they called back to get my home address after switchnig to a courier service.

BUT: as far as I know the courier have their own system of storing for pickup at their distribution points. Can't help how to handle/arrange such a self pickup.

Makes sense. Most of the vendors I’ve been looking at have an ems option so maybe the only thing I can do is give it a try. 

I guess I’d have to pay up front instead of the COD option so the couriers don’t have to collect cash for the delivery. 

Looks like the only thing I can do is try it and see what happens 

What we have found is after a few orders, the delivery guys get to know you, will give you a ring, and let you know your package is coming.

In my case my other option is to travel 40 km round trip to my PO Box at the Amphur Post Office.  Given the price of fuel, I'd rather have my packages delivered to my home.
Also, I believe that my Shopee account has my GPS coordinates. That makes it sorta difficult to miss where we live.  But most of our deliveries are via Lazada.  Thank you Covid.  You changed the way we shop.

15 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Call me careless but I always paid up front (bank transfer).

I paid up front until the day that we waited for close to a month for a delivery of a solar light.  The sellers were unresponsive.  We eventually got it, after almost 30 days. 
With COD?  I cancel the order and simply don't worry about a refund.  Easy breezy.

2 hours ago, Leveraged said:

Do I just put the post office address as the shipping address with my name and watch the tracking to see when it arrives? 

Absolutely not unless you want to lose the items.  A Post Office will not sign for deliveries from unknown people, why should they, what would they do with them?  The staff will just refuse to accept it.   

You could organise a private mail box with a company such as MBE that would accept deliveries for you.