Subaru Forester

Never actually owned one but sold, serviced, driven lots...

What is your reason for considering the car.

They are solidly built. Bit thirsty on fuel and I am not a big fan of the Subaru CVT. Main selling point is good offroad/4WD performance. If you don't need to go offroad/4WD then something like a Mazda CX5 is probably a better buy.

• Like 1

I am also looking at the Forester as a family SUV. Dealer is offering THB 200k discount from the showroom price of THB 1.47m for the eyesight model.

Have also looked at the new Ford Everest Sport (2wd) at 1.524m with the safety pack.

I cant decide between the 2!

• 3 weeks later...

My sister has a Subaru XV (CrossTrek in America) and I'm really impressed with it. The CVT works very well too. 

Looks similar to this:

1920px-2018_Subaru_XV_(G5X)_2.0i-S_wagon

Subaru Crosstrek - Wikipedia

I'd certainly look favourably at the Forester.

Just checked Subaru Thailand website, it seems to be coming here and you can register your interest.

Edited by Tuvoc

On 7/2/2022 at 9:48 AM, bizader said:

I am also looking at the Forester as a family SUV. Dealer is offering THB 200k discount from the showroom price of THB 1.47m for the eyesight model.

Have also looked at the new Ford Everest Sport (2wd) at 1.524m with the safety pack.

I cant decide between the 2!

I have a Pajero - had the wife listened to me we would have a Forester, so personally I would take that over an Everest 

On 6/18/2022 at 7:21 PM, HauptmannUK said:

Never actually owned one but sold, serviced, driven lots...

What is your reason for considering the car.

They are solidly built. Bit thirsty on fuel and I am not a big fan of the Subaru CVT. Main selling point is good offroad/4WD performance. If you don't need to go offroad/4WD then something like a Mazda CX5 is probably a better buy.

Ditto re: servicing. My sis and I bought one for our mom. Great in New England snow. I agree, if you don't need 4wd, maybe not the best.