Where To Get A Non-b For Thailand In Japan

A Japanese friend is returning to Japan soon and hopes to apply for a non-immigrant B visa there. Any tips on the best (ie, easiest) place to apply? Any equivalent of Hull, Denver, etc?

Thanks.

Nothing is easy in Japan. He'd need loads of paperwork. It might be worth going to Thailand via Australia. Try in Japan, but avoid the Thai Embassy.

Avoid the Thai embassy in Tokyo as lots of ridiculous paperwork is required even for tourist visas.

There is this one man who works behind the visa counter and he is a real difficult person to deal with. Although the females that work there are much less difficult.

For my recent tourist visa I had to provide the following:

1. Application form

2. Plane ticket/reservation showing me leaving Thailand before 60 days

3. 2 photos

4. A form from my employer in Japan showing that I work there. (It was about 3 years old and the difficult man wanted me to waste another day by going back to my employer and getting a new one along with a certificate of leave. In essence I said "NO WAY!' since I was only applying for a tourist visa. He said "Ok then I can't guarantee you will get the visa." I said " I will take my chances." ---What A JERK!! Just then one of the ladies came over and looked at my paperwork. She said it will be alright. Again - AVOID THIS GUY or avoid this embassy. I also have received 4 tourist visas from this embassy in the recent past but they still want all this paperwork. I forgot to ask them if you must live and work in Japan to get a tourist visa from this embassy. Seems so.

5. 3000 yen apllication fee.

Then in addition I provided the following since I know they are anal at this embassy:

5. My brokerage statement from the US showing I have ample savings.

6. My Japanese bank book. (Which showed recent deposits from my employer which proved I work for them.)

7. My Japanese driver's license and Japanese certificate of Alien Reg. ( otherwise known as Gaijin card)

All this for a simple tourist visa.

Needless to say I picked up my visa the next day.

Edited by roy679zz

I went to the Thai embassy in Tokyo to get my non immigrant B visa and it was fine. But I did have a stack of papers thick as an inch from my employer in Thailand..... so guess I just had all the relevant papers needed. Before I went I had my Japanese girlfriend call the Thai embassy in Tokyo from Bangkok to make sure I had everything, made it alot easier.

Damian

Edited by DamianMavis