Thai Airways executive says rehabilitation to be completed sooner than planned

webfact

image.jpeg

By Panithan Onthaworn

Thailand’s national flag carrier, Thai Airways International Plc (THAI), may require less time than expected to fully resume operations after debt rehabilitation, the airline’s executive said on Tuesday. 

Chai Eamsiri, the airline chief financial officer, said that “the operating results have improved as the current Covid-19 pandemic situation subsides.” 

However, Chai did not specify when the rehabilitation process will be completed. The airline initially planned to restructure its business over a seven-year period.

Full story:  https://www.thaienquirer.com/41080/thai-airways-executive-says-rehabilitation-to-be-completed-sooner-than-planned/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-06-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, mikebell said:

It's only kept going to provide freebies for VIPs to enjoy paid for by the masses.  Thailand in a nutshell.

Well there is one other major reason it is required to be kept going and that outweighs anything else. 

• Like 1

They would want to check their fares compared to other carriers.

Booked last week for the upcoming Xmas. Brisbane to Bangkok on SiA in bc for $3200

Thai Airways $7523

Also trying to retrieve my PIN number for Royal Orchid miles from nearly two weeks ago with no response and I don’t think I will ever get one.

An overall poorly run organisation .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Restructuring debt is NOT rehabilitation !

Agree. When they announce that there's  a totally new management team (never worked before for TG), and announce that 90% of the check-in, cabin crew and Bkk based admin. staff are totally new, then I might start to believe rehabilitation. 

Whilst the old management team is still there nothing will change.

Plus if I take a flight (which I wont ever) and I see/feel/experience a totally different experience of focus on customer, then I might start to be believe the airline has been rehabilitated. 

Plus if I had a chance to told to the new management team and asked them to (off the top of their heads) list/explain their agreed CSF's (Critical Success Factors) and how they are linked to the organization structure, then I might start to be believe the airline has been rehabilitated. 

Plus when I see a specific policy that freebie tickets are totally/absolutely banned no matter who it is, plus see a 3 mth / 6 mth etc., report saying clearly no free tickets have been issued then I might start to be believe the airline has been rehabilitated. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s national flag carrier, Thai Airways International Plc (THAI), may require less time than expected to fully resume operations after debt rehabilitation, the airline’s executive said on Tuesday.

Should be re-branded...

Thai Airways Reincarnated Plc [Thai]

12 hours ago, SmartyMarty said:

Never happen. The webpage for claiming missing miles doesn't work, one of the 2 email addresses they list for contact doesn't work while the other sends you an automated reply with a link to click on.....the link doesn't work. The airline still refuses to pay refunds from more than 2 years ago. Oh and a recent search on fares from BKK to AKL revealed Thai were 2.5 times more expensive than Singapore Air, AirNZ or Cathay.

I too, could not get a refund for the ticket Thai cancelled in may 2020, but i have just arrived in Denmark on a ticket Thai issued to me in exchange for the ticket UBP-BKK-CPH and return they cancelled and at no extra cost even the tickets are more expensive now. 

2 month ago I phoned Thai and they gave me a new booking number and 1 week before travel I received the E-ticket.

14 hours ago, Excel said:

Well there is one other major reason it is required to be kept going and that outweighs anything else. 

Yawn.   Another TVF myth.

Any evidence that this still happens?  20 years ago, maybe, but not for the last 10-15 at least.

Link?

(Let me guess, you'll reply "do your own research" as usual)