Business Start Up

go to get some info at www.thairegistration.com the cost of registration is around 6000 - 10000 baht if yr cap is 1m but if more than 1 m, you hv to pay more fee and service.

Thanks for the info - I'll start surfing through it.

I was told that the registration + 1 work permit costs around 2000 USD and takes 2 months. Is it true?

If you want a work permit, registered capital must be at least 2M, meaning you must have 2M to invest.

Do not register at 2M but pay up only 25% because you will not get work permit. Do not declare in registration that capital of 2M is fully paid up when it is actually 25%, or you will start business in the grey area of accounting since the very first step. Some people are lucky, some are not. Noone talks about the latter.

Btw guys, what do you think,would it be profitable to import garments (high quality copies of well known fashion brands,such as E.Zegna, Gucci, LV, Prada, Hugo Boss etc.of the same level) from South China and sell it to local customers and through own retail network?

Waiting your comments!

Btw guys, what do you think,would it be profitable to import garments (high quality copies of well known fashion brands,such as E.Zegna, Gucci, LV, Prada, Hugo Boss etc.of the same level) from South China and sell it to local customers and through own retail network?

Waiting your comments!

Just at a casual glance, I would have thought that market is fairly saturated.

Soundman.

all depends on the price.

Verr-r-ryy attractive :o

how about an example ? As soundman said there are pretty good knockoffs being sold here now for pretty good prices. My wife was talking about taking a trip to Hongkong and vietnam to look for clothes to sell at the night bazaar here in Chiang Mai. Most of the clothes and shoes her sisters sell comes from vietnam through a middle man or 2.

all depends on the price.

Verr-r-ryy attractive :o

how about an example ? As soundman said there are pretty good knockoffs being sold here now for pretty good prices. My wife was talking about taking a trip to Hongkong and vietnam to look for clothes to sell at the night bazaar here in Chiang Mai. Most of the clothes and shoes her sisters sell comes from vietnam through a middle man or 2.

I've worked in a shoes business. As for Vietnam,the quality not so good & mostly they work with the standard materials,not importig leather from Italy. It's good for Adidas & Nike,but not for the upper medium & high level. In China,currently the situation's much better - now they can produce elegant footwear (in South).That's why the price's increasing & production's starting to shift to the North parts or other countries.

As for the apparell,depends on the quality and quantity. But I can tell you the starting figure is 5 USD or less.

Edited by AndyGZ

be very wary if you going to sell quality ripoffs at such good prices. do you really think you can beat the thais at their own game.

they not selling jeans, etc at 5$ or less............................lol.

sorry, cant give you my blessing...............lol.

Edited by blizzard

Waiting your comments!

Given that you have now advertised on a widely read forum that you plan on trading in illegal copyright and trademark infringed goods, no doubt, even read by enforcement officials of various government agencies, I would say your chances for being red flagged on this are pretty high.

You may not even need to worry about the Thai contingent at this point if you carry forward.

Dr. B

sorry sir, but we are criticizing(critiqueing) his business acumen, not whether he will be checking into the bkk hilton.

Since all factors have to be considered in any business plan (look under RISKS SECTION) I think that is a reflection of his business acumen.