Monoxidil in oral tablet form

Jackcwba

Hello, I am living in Bangkok and wondering if anyone knows where I can buy Monoxidil / rogaine in a tablet form? I used to use the foam but I am only looking for the  tablet form if possible..

does anybody know if they sell the tablets anywhere? Online or know any specific places to go to?

it seems that the foam topical version is very common here but oral not so much unlike other countries.

Any links or websites or line contact ID’s would be appreciated 

picture attached for what I am looking for … Loniten / Minoxidil and if anyone knows how much it costs that would be good !

thanks ! F2944FC1-A2BC-430C-91CE-121FD6C55010.thumb.png.eaef7755a08f38ab40b522ace1c6b704.png

The tablets are marketed under the names Residil, Loniten or Loxidil in 5mg or 10mg doses. Residil seems to be the most common at the moment.

You can buy the tablets at pretty much any pharmacy. A bottle of 100 tablets is around 300 - 400 baht depending on 5mg or 10mg size.

Edited by Kaptain Asia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The compound you are referring to is Minoxidil, not Monoxidil as you have typed, nor is it Minaxidil as in the picture you posted.  I believe it is only available in a liquid or spray.  I think the tablets do not grow hair, but only increase circulation.

Why do you not want to use the liquid or spray?  They both work just fine and are available on Lazada:  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/kirkland-signature-hair-tonic-serum-60-ml-1-6-6-i1391722784.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.11.1f3d1a79XDs1bJ.

• Haha 1

Actually it does come in tablet form but in Thailand the only oral forms are in dosage for use in hypertension, not for hair growth.

The hair growth preparations come in 2% solutions and sprays.

If looking to take a tablet instead most would use finasteride, which comes in 1 mg dosage for use to stimulate hair growth (also comes in 5 mg dose but that is for prostate issues).

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Actually it does come in tablet form but in Thailand the only oral forms are in dosage for use in hypertension, not for hair growth.

Hmmm..........Oral Minoxidil is VERY commonly used for hair growth. People use it because it is MUCH cheaper and FAR more effective than topical minoxidil and doesn't make your hair greasy (which topical does). It does however have the side effect of making your body hair grow stronger.

9 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

if anyone knows how much it costs that would be good !

320 Baht for Residil (100 x 10mg tablets) at South-East Asia Pharmacy on Sukhumvit Rd

Edited by Kaptain Asia

9 hours ago, Kaptain Asia said:

The tablets are marketed under the names Residil, Loniten or Loxidil in 5mg or 10mg doses. Residil seems to be the most common at the moment.

You can buy the tablets at pretty much any pharmacy. A bottle of 100 tablets is around 300 - 400 baht depending on 5mg or 10mg size.

Too late for me..... ????

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If looking to take a tablet instead most would use finasteride, which comes in 1 mg dosage for use to stimulate hair growth (also comes in 5 mg dose but that is for prostate issues).

The OP was specifically asking about Minoxidil/Rogaine. DHT blockers are a separate issue and it should also be noted that Dutasteride (Avodart) is far more effective than Finasteride.

15 hours ago, Kaptain Asia said:

Hmmm..........Oral Minoxidil is VERY commonly used for hair growth. People use it because it is MUCH cheaper and FAR more effective than topical minoxidil and doesn't make your hair greasy (which topical does). It does however have the side effect of making your body hair grow stronger.

320 Baht for Residil (100 x 10mg tablets) at South-East Asia Pharmacy on Sukhumvit Rd

I assume you know this brand is not registered in Thailand  (nor is oral minoxidil approved by Thai FDA for this purpose).

Minoxidil is a very potent anti hypertensive (which happens also to stimulate hair growth). The highest oral dose I find mentioned in the literature for use for hair growth is 5mg and that comes with strong caveats about use in people with cardiovascular disease or on other hypertensive medications (due to interaction and possible hypertensive effect). 

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I assume you know this brand is not registered in Thailand 

Which brand? Residil for example is manufactured in Bangkok. 

nor is oral minoxidil approved by Thai FDA for this purpose

No disrespect but who really cares? In reality there are lots of drugs very effectively re-purposed for uses other than originally "approved"

Minoxidil is a very potent anti hypertensive (which happens also to stimulate hair growth). The highest oral dose I find mentioned in the literature for use for hair growth is 5mg and that comes with strong caveats about use in people with cardiovascular disease or on other hypertensive medications (due to interaction and possible hypertensive effect). 

What's new? The medical precautions are well known. It still doesn't alter the fact that oral minoxidil is widely used by people from all over the world for hair re-growth - and I speak from personal experience. That may go against the grain with the mainstream medical community but it is what's happening in the real world.  Have a search on any of the major hair forums and you will find that to be true.