Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say

Scott

Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say

People react outside Field's shopping center in Copenhagen, Denmark on July 3, 2022.

(CNN)A shooting at a mall in Copenhagen left several people dead, local police said Sunday.

One person has been arrested, Copenhagen Head of Police Soren Thomassen told reporters at a news conference. He described the suspect as a 22-year-old ethnic Dane.

Thomassen also said police could not rule out the possibility that multiple people were involved in the attack.

https://assets.aseannow.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2021_10/CNN.jpg.8bd598fd263f784f9096207da948b540.jpg
  • Sad 5

Danish police say several dead after Copenhagen mall shooting

COPENHAGEN, July 3 (Reuters) - Several people were killed in a shooting at a shopping centre in Copenhagen on Sunday, Danish police said, adding they had arrested a 22-year-old Danish man and could not rule out it was an "act of terrorism".

Copenhagen police said officers had been sent to Field's mall in the city after reports of a shooting, and had told people inside the centre to stay put and await assistance.

There was currently no indication that other shooters were present, police said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/reports-shooting-shopping-mall-copenhagen-danish-police-2022-07-03/

image.jpeg

12 hours ago, Scott said:

adding they had arrested a 22-year-old Danish man and could not rule out it was an "act of terrorism".

I do wish they would redefine 'terrorism'

I am pretty sure that if I was being hunted in a mall by a man with a gun, no matter his religion or views, I would see myself the victim of terrorism ! Even if the guy was killing people as he was angry with his phone company !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Seems like gun control wasn't successful. But allowing nutters to get guns doesn't work either.

Edited by Purdey
Added to content
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I wonder what this violent fella's belief system is constituted of? My gut tells me it comprised of bogus replacement theory paranoia and fantasies (an interesting, but transparent construct to hide and justify ones racist beliefs), transposed and infused with lots of 'the others, them' ideologies e..g dirty refugee, migrants tainting and eroding our pure glorious culture, misogyny and a few other truly perverse psychological treats. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

I wonder what this violent fella's belief system is constituted of? My gut tells me it comprised of bogus replacement theory paranoia and fantasies (an interesting, but transparent construct to hide and justify ones racist beliefs), transposed and infused with lots of 'the others, them' ideologies e..g dirty refugee, migrants tainting and eroding our pure glorious culture, misogyny and a few other truly perverse psychological treats. 

I wonder why we have the info the baddie is an "ethnic Dane" so quickly? Photos of the guy too. Incredible. Usually we are given weasel words explaining it is not standard protocol to release a suspects name or image until found guilty blardee blaa...

Next time there is an atrocity in northern Europe and the culprits pics are not released immediately I will add 1+1 and get the answer, 2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We’ve already had an example of ‘good guys with guns, bullet proof vests, helmets and ballistic shields’ cowering outside while a killer guns down children.

We’ve had enough of the ‘good guy with a gun’ myth.

Yeah. That's true but who ended up killing the killer? It was a good guy with a "borrowed" gun.  He was an off duty border patrol agent. He had no body armor and borrowed a gun from a guy in a gas station.  He went in alone while Uvalde PD cowered outside.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I wonder why we have the info the baddie is an "ethnic Dane" so quickly? Photos of the guy too. Incredible. Usually we are given weasel words explaining it is not standard protocol to release a suspects name or image until found guilty blardee blaa...

Next time there is an atrocity in northern Europe and the culprits pics are not released immediately I will add 1+1 and get the answer, 2.

Looking for something to be offended over?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I do wish they would redefine 'terrorism'

I am pretty sure that if I was being hunted in a mall by a man with a gun, no matter his religion or views, I would see myself the victim of terrorism ! Even if the guy was killing people as he was angry with his phone company !

Or you could actually learn what the definition means.

An education is a wonderful thing. 

• Like 1

With all the shootings in the USA,  one would think that the gun laws would be changed a lot more than they finally have been, but no that 2nd amendment and the NRA power seem to keep the insanity going. Having a population of 350 million is not a help either. When less than a million are killed such as what happened from COVID, it does not affect the population amount that much. Throw in the  different attitudes of different states and it all becomes one big mess to try sort out.

I agree that there are a lot less shootings in Europe and usually a lot less people die in them as well. Look at the age of the 2 latest shooters in their 20s.   Either still living with Mom and Dad, or barely on their own. No real experience on their own, and they have to go out and kill other people. It is a real sad world we live in.

On 7/6/2022 at 4:56 AM, Stargeezr said:

With all the shootings in the USA,  one would think that the gun laws would be changed a lot more than they finally have been, but no that 2nd amendment and the NRA power seem to keep the insanity going. Having a population of 350 million is not a help either. When less than a million are killed such as what happened from COVID, it does not affect the population amount that much. Throw in the  different attitudes of different states and it all becomes one big mess to try sort out.

I agree that there are a lot less shootings in Europe and usually a lot less people die in them as well. Look at the age of the 2 latest shooters in their 20s.   Either still living with Mom and Dad, or barely on their own. No real experience on their own, and they have to go out and kill other people. It is a real sad world we live in.

Its a sad world that is for sure, too many crazy people.