Lazada and the Empty Box (OK envelope)

Crossy

Had a small package delivered on Sunday, it was immediately obvious that the packaging was damaged and that the contents had escaped.

Showed it to the delivery chap, he refused to accept me refusing the package (non-COD) and said I had to go via Lazada.

OK, I've had no previous issues with returning stuff.

image.thumb.jpeg.75caadd90260b9940ee5548ba846c049.jpeg

So, off to the Lazada site, no apparent option for "empty box" so I ticked "packaging damaged", included a bunch of photos and got the return stuff via Kerry.

Included the photos in the return package too, but of course Lazada rejected my return! And they wanted to return the returned package to me :whistling:

OK. So time to get on the "live" online chat, I really wasn't in the mood to do battle with a phone call.

Chat conversation was actually OK although I got the distinct impression that I was talking to a machine, either that or a human choosing potted responses. Of course the fact that "h5-alimebot.lazada.co.th" asked to be allowed notifications was a bit of a giveaway.

Anyway, after uploading the photos again the response was "we will pass to the relevant team and get back to you".

We shall see. It's not the principle it's the money!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, proton said:

Was it cannabis? ????

It was actually a set of taps (for threading holes) not really something that would be classed as "Valuable and Attractive".

I wonder where on their journey from China the contents made their break for freedom.

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I guess the courier couldn't care less if you don't want to accept, often they just leave with security at my condo, a good case for using COD

Yeah, I don't do COD due to someone not necessarily being home (they usually are), Madam can re-direct to the family restaurant if she's at the hospital. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Still waiting for a response from Lazada Customer Services ???? 

Keep the comments coming, I need to smile ???? 

Would a nice steak and a bottle of medium priced wine for dinner cheer you up?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I guess the courier couldn't care less if you don't want to accept, often they just leave with security at my condo, a good case for using COD

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Still waiting for a response from Lazada Customer Services ???? 

Keep the comments coming, I need to smile ???? 

Suppose you ordered pay on delivery....???? and refuse to pay as you see package damaged ????....i think that moment delivery would take it anyway ...so problem is automatic  for Lazada ...????

Well the order status has changed to "Refund Processing" looks like I will get my $$$ back ???? 

Next time I get an empty package or a shortage, it's direct to the chatbot time.

• Like 1

This is why I prefer COD.  If the order takes too long - cancel it.
If the contents aren't in the package - refuse the order.

Edited by connda

On 7/5/2022 at 5:00 PM, CharlieH said:

I guess being "taps" you made a good thread here ???? .

Getting my coat.

<slide whistle; cymbal crash; canned laughter>  ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, connda said:

This is why I prefer COD.  If the order takes too long - cancel it.
If the contents aren't in the package - refuse the order.

COD would indeed have worked better in this case as the package was obviously damaged and the contents absent.

courier lied to you.

you have the full right to return the mail / parcel unless you take it and get into your house and come back and tell him you want to return. From the moment he gives you and you take it to the home with you, you can give back the item. I hope you didnt pay for it. thats my number 1 rule, cash on delivery. 

once i ordered something and then i decided not to buy it. When it arrived to thailand i called the driver and told him i dont want to receive it. He said ohh he is already got the parcel, he is already out for the deliveries for everyone, blah blah stuff. I again told him well i dont want it. he little bit tried to resist with reasons like but the parcel is already here in his car, with him... after my 3rd NO, he said ok.

• Like 1