Thailand’s ambitious bid to co-host 2034 FIFA World Cup gathers pace

webfact

Again another pipe dream. How many football stadiums are there in Thailand that match FIFA's standards. Yes they can build some more but that will take a lot of investment. Maybe the TAT can get involved and give us some more of their amazing 'hopium' with predicted numbers and revenue earned.:cheesy:

Thailand could not organise a Booze-up in a brewery. They would overlay every level with so much bureaucracy each phase would be unworkable.  Couldn't see Ronaldo waiting in line at Immigration.  (If he's still playing in 2026.)

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

ItAnd where they plan to play it is 12 years away I'll be too old too even care sure wouldn't be in Pattaya,  they been worlking  on the indoor stadium for close to 20 year.

By then the <deleted> hole will need building again????

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm guessing they still think Sepp Blatter is in charge and they can bribe someone.  They have about as much chance of getting it as me of winning miss Nigerian under 18 prom queen.

I had to read this twice, the first time I thought you wanted to win the miss and bring her home.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Are they kidding?

Thailand hosting a world cup.

They don't have enough bribe money and their human rights record is far too clean.

They want to charge every visitor double and ten-fold rates for hotels and everything else, so to them it makes perfect sense.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm guessing they still think Sepp Blatter is in charge and they can bribe someone.  They have about as much chance of getting it as me of winning miss Nigerian under 18 prom queen.

Put An*tin in charge of this ????

Based on the comments it looks like people did not read the full article.  Thailand alone would not be hosting the World Cup.  Other ASEAN nations would also participate.  Much like what will happen when Canada, the US and Mexico jointly host the World Cup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2022 at 9:59 AM, StayinThailand2much said:

They want to charge every visitor double and ten-fold rates for hotels and everything else, so to them it makes perfect sense.

well if you look at what they just charged for the Liverpool v Man U game ( 100% mark up on the prices agreed to by both clubs ) then they already have one aspect perfected.

• Like 1