In case of Natural death

THAIPHUKET

In case of a farang dying in a house, where the GF is the formal tenant, who certifies the natural death, a doc or the police?

Background of my question:

If the GF is the tenant, police should have no right to enter the house and to lock it up. Thus saving the lady unnecessary emotional pain.  In adddition of her being the tenant, she would have a lawyer's certificate showing that all assets in the house are hers.

Could that work?

The goal is to have no stomping boots on the ground!

Any alternative  ideas?

Police, unless a fowl play is at hand, will not lock out the house, they will take the remains to a hospital until such time of a funeral and burial...and as for  you bequeathing worldly possessions to the lady, it will have to be done in a way of will and last testament done by a lawyer and 2 witnessed unrelated to the beneficiary....

9 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Police, unless a fowl play is at hand, will not lock out the house, they will take the remains to a hospital until such time of a funeral and burial...and as for  you bequeathing worldly possessions to the lady, it will have to be done in a way of will and last testament done by a lawyer and 2 witnessed unrelated to the beneficiary....

dont think so......

my ozzie friend died in his rented condo...aug 2016.....

medics came and police.....

on the morning he died (friday) he had taken out 17 k from atm.......

son and daughter came from ozz

9k was missing along with rings and watches....where did they go, and where did the 8k of money go ???

Just now, blackshadow said:

dont think so......

my ozzie friend died in his rented condo...aug 2016.....

medics came and police.....

on the morning he died (friday) he had taken out 17 k from atm.......

son and daughter came from ozz

9k was missing along with rings and watches....where did they go, and where did the 8k of money go ???

he was cremated at the ozzy embassy bkk.......autopsy report stated he died from natural causes !!!!

A foreigner or anyone dying in a house, with another person, not his / her spouse, will be investigated.  Not just a Thai. 

If a spouse, and not older or obvious natural cause, doc approved, then that would surely be investigated also,  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

A foreigner or anyone dying in a house, with another person, not his / her spouse, will be investigated.  Not just a Thai. 

If a spouse, and not older or obvious natural cause, doc approved, then that would surely be investigated also,  

I've got a Will, a Living Will which basically states that if I'm dying, make me comfortable and let me go.  Thai wife has the same.  We are up there in years.  Unlike some who wish to live forever regardless of their quality of life, living beyond 70 is one of two thing:  Seeing how much money you can pump into the medical industry, or - just accepting you've lived a good, long life and letting go. Me - I keep working out and generally feel Ok for my age, but I ain't even 50 anymore.   Things started to change at 64, quality of life ways.
If I'm in pain, give me Fentanyl patches and let nature take it course.  My only problem with dying is making sure my Mrs is provided for for the rest of her life, and staying out of pain as my body shuts down.  Thank goodness that 'bud' is now legal.  That helps but it's not by preferred pain relief if I was in real pain.  But better than nothing.

I'm amazed at those who, at my age, want organ transplants, and stem cells, and plastic surgery, and chemo regardless of cost. 
Those people are like, "I Gotta live regardless of the cost!"  You're gonna die anyway.  So, celebrate the fact you lived a good live (I have) and then, why hold on any longer than your body can. Well, unless you are an evil person who is afraid of the 'here-after?'
Your body breaks down and eventually dies. That's the way of it.  If that process takes time, then I want fentanyl patches if needed and let nature take it's course.  At least a slow death gives you time to plan. 
Could be a good thing (you can plan) or a bad thing (pain and discomfort and loss of bodily function). 
But if your my age?
You are there!  Then start contemplating it. :thumbsup:
Whatareyagonnado?

Overall it's been a good life.  I don't want to live to be the ages of monarchs like the queen of England or Soros or Kissinger.  I don't know what is keeping them alive, but I don't want any.  <laughs>  If I live out the decade - great.  I just want my wife who is eight years younger than me to live out her live comfortably, without fear, and with the means to care for herself.

What do you guys my age think?  I respect your feeling are, although they may not be the same as mine!  ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, connda said:

I've got a Will, a Living Will which basically states that if I'm dying, make me comfortable and let me go.  Thai wife has the same.  We are up there in years.  Unlike some who wish to live forever regardless of their quality of life, living beyond 70 is one of two thing:  Seeing how much money you can pump into the medical industry, or - just accepting you've lived a good, long life and letting go. Me - I keep working out and generally feel Ok for my age, but I ain't even 50 anymore.   Things started to change at 64, quality of life ways.
If I'm in pain, give me Fentanyl patches and let nature take it course.  My only problem with dying is making sure my Mrs is provided for for the rest of her life, and staying out of pain as my body shuts down.  Thank goodness that 'bud' is now legal.  That helps but it's not by preferred pain relief if I was in real pain.  But better than nothing.

I'm amazed at those who, at my age, want organ transplants, and stem cells, and plastic surgery, and chemo regardless of cost. 
Those people are like, "I Gotta live regardless of the cost!"  You're gonna die anyway.  So, celebrate the fact you lived a good live (I have) and then, why hold on any longer than your body can. Well, unless you are an evil person who is afraid of the 'here-after?'
Your body breaks down and eventually dies. That's the way of it.  If that process takes time, then I want fentanyl patches if needed and let nature take it's course.  At least a slow death gives you time to plan. 
Could be a good thing (you can plan) or a bad thing (pain and discomfort and loss of bodily function). 
But if your my age?
You are there!  Then start contemplating it. :thumbsup:
Whatareyagonnado?

Overall it's been a good life.  I don't want to live to be the ages of monarchs like the queen of England or Soros or Kissinger.  I don't know what is keeping them alive, but I don't want any.  <laughs>  If I live out the decade - great.  I just want my wife who is eight years younger than me to live out her live comfortably, without fear, and with the means to care for herself.

What do you guys my age think?  I respect your feeling are, although they may not be the same as mine!  ????

By the way, it's in my Last Willl.
Buddhist ceremony and cremation.  If a Roman Catholic priest is around - last rites.  No fancy funeral. 

Figure that one out.  <wink>

If you die at home, the police will come and make a very basic investigation. Unless there are clear signs of foul play, they will not seal off the house or ask your GF to leave (even if there are, they still might not).

Your body will be taken to a hospital where a doctor will sign death certificate, police do not do that.

Hospital morgue will not release your body until your Embassy authorizes them to do so and specifies who to. Embassy will try to locate next of kin and that may take some time in the case of unmarried people, very swift if married. .(A GF is not legal next of kin). You can simplify matters by registering that information with your Embassy if possible. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 11:55 AM, Sheryl said:

If you die at home, the police will come and make a very basic investigation. Unless there are clear signs of foul play, they will not seal off the house or ask your GF to leave (even if there are, they still might not).

Your body will be taken to a hospital where a doctor will sign death certificate, police do not do that.

Hospital morgue will not release your body until your Embassy authorizes them to do so and specifies who to. Embassy will try to locate next of kin and that may take some time in the case of unmarried people, very swift if married. .(A GF is not legal next of kin). You can simplify matters by registering that information with your Embassy if possible. 

"You can simplify matters by registering that information with your Embassy if possible."

Wasn't aware this can be done.

Will USA Embassy let one register such?

How does one register such info w/the (USA) Embassy?

What department, etc.?

On 7/7/2022 at 12:08 PM, blackshadow said:

he was cremated at the ozzy embassy bkk.......autopsy report stated he died from natural causes !!!!

I doubt the Aussie Embassy has the facilities to perform cremations.  At best, they provided a list of service providers to the family and the family made their own arrangements.

• Like 1