Islands cops and legal weed, who are they going to extortionate now ?

when reading all the stories about unlucky young tourists caught with few grams of weed, I wonder how much money the baztords are going to miss now that weed is legal, and what is the new way to rob people on the road side ? Cops should apologize for having scared and maybe broken so many lives !

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Headgame said:

The headline refers to Islands, so I'm assuming mainly talking about Phuket. After 12 years here, I don't remember ever hearing about weed being planted by cops at roadside checks. Could have happened but more urban legend, I suggest. What does happen is stupid tourists buying weed on the beach and then being ratted out by the seller to the police. That does happen. Weed has been widely available here forever, if you know where to go and who to do purchase from. In that scenario, zero issues for the buyer. Stupidity of the buyer (public use, etc) vs. scams by the cops is what results in the vast majority of arrests. here. Legal vs illegal? Well, now it's legal with lots of loopholes, hence, call it legal to smoke privately at home, generating no nuisance smoke, with no actual THC restrictions on flower or bud since they are specifically not deemed extracts in the current "law". The govt stands zero chance of putting this genie back in the bottle so for the law and order types, no longer illegal, so no more efficacy to that position. Time to move on.

I completely agree with your statement. I have been buying weed for almost two decades in Bangkok. Never heard of cops planting weed to make an arrest. THere were numerous occasions when they raided a bar at late night (after 2AM) and urine tested all present. 

I recall many years ago an extortionating scheme in Phuket that involved staff at gas stations putting weed inside car filler caps with the cops stopping the driver just down the street to extortionate them.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TTSIssues said:

If reports are true, plenty of people have had weed “planted” on them during roadside checks, then had huge fines placed upon them. What about this scenario ?

This doesn't make sense.

Hi, hope it's not offtopic, I might want to buy some weed in Samui (can't believe it's suddently legal even to only write this), any place within 15mins from chaweng? Thank you for your help

3 hours ago, khman said:

Hi, hope it's not offtopic, I might want to buy some weed in Samui (can't believe it's suddently legal even to only write this), any place within 15mins from chaweng? Thank you for your help

Soi Green Mango and soi Sound...????

• Thanks 1

Thanks!

Now that weed is legal, is there any cool bar that sells weed? Ideally I would occasionaly go to relax, view the sea... (btw is it legal to smoke in the bar?)

Also for buying  you are right I saw on Chaweng beach road near green mango. I also saw 2 other places... 1 shop in Tesco Lotus Chaweng food court, one in central also near the food court. I notice all those were strictly empty with no customer. I wonder why in Chaweng beach street maybe 2000 people are drinking booze but none is buying weed... Maybe too new? Maybe low quality? Maybe Thailand isn't yet a cannabis destination?

For those who ask, from what I saw prices starting at 400Bahts per gram (which is very expensive for/if low quality), but it goes 1000++ for some (I don't know much about weed)

PS : Can't believe we are openly talking weed on forums... 2 weeks ago it was jail, seems. Can't believe they sell it in Central...

Edited by khman

10 hours ago, khman said:

Now that weed is legal, is there any cool bar that sells weed?

Copper Pipe sells, and I notices two bars, Herb Land might be the place for you, but if you can get high enough up to fly into space, then Space Fly Bar is an option - direct link to photos hereunder...

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2022 at 3:02 AM, Headgame said:

The headline refers to Islands, so I'm assuming mainly talking about Phuket. After 12 years here, I don't remember ever hearing about weed being planted by cops at roadside checks.

The opening post is in the local Samui & Phangan & Tao-forum, so I would presume it's about what is going on, on these islands...:whistling: 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 8:31 AM, Onerak said:

I completely agree with your statement. I have been buying weed for almost two decades in Bangkok. Never heard of cops planting weed to make an arrest. THere were numerous occasions when they raided a bar at late night (after 2AM) and urine tested all present. 

Well, they had better step back from me a good two meters....