How fast get off from Suvarnabhumi airport?

2 is 1

Hi guys, how fast now you can get off from Suvarnabhumi after landing? My flight estimate landing time is 4:25 pm and connection to Khon Kaen is 7 pm! Is that possible now days? If come too much hurry i stay one night in BKK. 

Is your flight to Khon Kaen on the same itinerary?  If so, you should plenty of time since you will connecting to your next flight.  If not, you may be cutting it close since you will have to clear immigrations, customs, baggage claim, then go to the airline check in counter, go through security, then to your gate.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From now to Sunday incl. there is a long holiday weekend and expected more congestion.

But in normal times the connection should be fine.

Where are you coming from? What day?

7 PM sounds like ThaiSmile WD46 from Suvarnabhumi.

In the past they were mostly in time.

But they started to produce some significant delays. Recently I was almost 1.5 hours late.

Might be in your favor.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

From now to Sunday incl. there is a long holiday weekend and expected more congestion.

But in normal times the connection should be fine.

Where are you coming from? What day?

Come from Finland 21 August and connection flight is from same airport. Thanks to all from information! ????

There is no way to predict how long immigration will take.  It can be anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes depending on whether other full flights are landing at the same time or not.  

If your connecting flight is departing from BKK, then you are probably OK but if you have to get to DMK, then very tight, especially if a weekday when you would be contending with evening rush hour traffic as well.

It is possible but everything has to go right and it is very definitely risky.  If your incoming flight is half an hour late say, which is very possible, then you may be screwed. I've had these tight connections before, and personally I won't do it again !

17 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Hi guys, how fast now you can get off from Suvarnabhumi after landing?

If your young you could probably get off rather quickly in the first toilet stall after disembarking the plane. But if you could hold it for a little over 2 hours and walked across the street from your hotel to the Nana plaza that might be more pleasurable.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 8:20 AM, howlee101 said:

Is your flight to Khon Kaen on the same itinerary?  If so, you should plenty of time since you will connecting to your next flight.  If not, you may be cutting it close since you will have to clear immigrations, customs, baggage claim, then go to the airline check in counter, go through security, then to your gate.  

even on a different itinerary he shouldn't have a big issue.

He can still use the transfer immigration at the A/B/C concourse area or not ?

2 hours ago, merijn said:

even on a different itinerary he shouldn't have a big issue.

He can still use the transfer immigration at the A/B/C concourse area or not ?

If his itinerary ends at BKK, he will have to clear immigrations, baggage claim, then customs.  He won't be allowed to "transfer" to his onward travel since it's a different itinerary.  

• Thanks 1

Even on the same itinerary he would still have to clear customs etc at BKK.  KKC has no facilities for these.  According to Bangkok Airways the only other airports in Thailand you can transit to are shown below.  I don't recall Trat and Pattaya being on the list but that's what they say.

image.png.db098ffb2d44d094f99c753513cb3c93.png